MyGovernmentServices is acting wonky (Zoom/Layers Visibility)

Jump to solution
07-29-2015 09:23 AM
Labels (1)
BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

http://maps.cityoftulsa.org/MyGovernmentServices/default.htm

So I've started deploying the MyGovernmentServices application. I'm hitting some issues and I'm almost at a loss for ideas.

If you visit the map, click on the search tool, and just take the default address: 175 East 2nd Street Tulsa OK 74103

It will zoom out to an extreme zoom and drop the dot. Now we only have a few items populated at the moment. Museums, Libraries, Community Centers and Fire Stations.

Once the map zooms out, you can select one of these items from their respective card at the bottom of the screen, and THAT'S when that layer becomes visible. BUT we maintain the satellite-level zoom view.

I'm not sure where I went wrong. But I could use some guidance from someone who has done this already, for sure.

FYI. I've followed the step-by-step located here, here, and here. I'm hosting from our own server, I've IIS application pooled it, registered and gotten my secret, the works.

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brian,

In the config.js file, scroll down towards the bottom.  You will see a parameter called 'ZoomLevel'.   You can set this value to a larger scale level (i.e. 15).

screen1.PNG

I believe the functionality of only being able to see to feature after it's clicked is by default.  I'm not sure if there is a way to change this in the config file.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Brian,

In the config.js file, scroll down towards the bottom.  You will see a parameter called 'ZoomLevel'.   You can set this value to a larger scale level (i.e. 15).

screen1.PNG

I believe the functionality of only being able to see to feature after it's clicked is by default.  I'm not sure if there is a way to change this in the config file.

BrianO_keefe
Occasional Contributor III

You are exactly right. I don't know where I got confused (I've been looking at a LOT of LGM/ESRI mapplications lately) but I could have sworn that the icons popped up during the initial extent.

I was wrong. I went to the 'Try it live' site and apparently MY setup has actually been working, just not like I expected it to. And here I thought it was broken.

Thanks!

0 Kudos