Parcel Fabric Connection Lines

02-02-2012 04:22 AM
Labels (1)
WilliamWillis
New Contributor II
We're in the process of migrating our parcel data into the parcel fabric.  We'd like to maintain the widths of the right-of-ways whenever we do a least-squared-adjustment of surrounding parcels.  To do this, I understand that there needs to be connection lines placed across the ROWs to maintain the official widths (e.i. 50', 66', 75', etc.).  My question is, where within the ROW polygon and how often do you need to place the connection lines to assure that the width of the ROW polygon will not be changed when running a least-squared-adjustment for surrounding parcels?

Thanks,
Bill
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
CarolWickenheiser
New Contributor
Hi Bill,  I just attended a parcel fabric forum where least squared adjustments was the main topic.  This forum is always recorded for future viewing, and it may answer your question to some extent.  I think you could try contacting Arthur Robinson <arobinson@esri.com> to view the forum recording, and maybe get some more helpful information.  Good luck!

Carol Wickenheiser
Clay County, MN GIS
0 Kudos
WilliamWillis
New Contributor II
Thanks for the suggestion Carol!
0 Kudos
CarolWickenheiser
New Contributor
Here is the link to the recording of Friday's fabric forum.  Hopefully this can answer some of your questions.
http://esri.adobeconnect.com/p3om6jc9d2c/
0 Kudos
JAKERODEL
New Contributor
If you have a ROW polygon you don't need connection lines.  You already have a connection.  The lines would be for areas where there is no polygon for the row.  The lower number or higher accuracy you assign to parcels the less that they will adjust during an adjustment.
0 Kudos