Public Notification buffering error

08-30-2012 11:31 AM
MichaelParma1
New Contributor III
We're trying to troubleshoot an issue where after creating the notification buffer, only one parcel is selected. The sample viewer shows all parcels within the buffer selected. Has anyone else noted similar behavior? Could this be a result of multipart parcel polygons?

Thanks,
Michael Parma
0 Kudos
2 Replies
christopherfricke2
New Contributor III
This occurs if the LOWPARCELID is not filled out or is non-unique in the date.

You must either fill out the lowparcelid in the data or modify the application to fix this issue.

To modify the application:

Open Locator.js and edit the Draw Polygon function, replacing features.attributes.LOWPARCELID to features.attributes.LOWPARCELID or features.attributes.OBJECTID.

function DrawPolygon(features) {
    var lineColor = new dojo.Color();
    lineColor.setColor(rendererColor);

var fillColor = new dojo.Color();
    fillColor.setColor(rendererColor);
    fillColor.a = 0.25;
    var symbol = new esri.symbol.SimpleFillSymbol(esri.symbol.SimpleFillSymbol.STYLE_SOLID,
                    new esri.symbol.SimpleLineSymbol(esri.symbol.SimpleLineSymbol.STYLE_SOLID, lineColor, 3), fillColor);
    var qglayer = map.getLayer(queryGraphicLayer);

map.graphics.clear();
    var graphicCollection = [];
    var attributeCollection = [];
 //console.log(features)
    for (var i = 0; i < features.length; i++) {

if (attributeCollection[features.attributes.PARCELID]) {
            attributeCollection[features.attributes.PARCELID].push({ id: features.attributes.PARCELID, name: features.attributes });
        }
        else {
            attributeCollection[features.attributes.PARCELID] = [];
            graphicCollection[features.attributes.PARCELID] = features.geometry;
            attributeCollection[features.attributes.PARCELID].push({ id: features.attributes.PARCELID, name: features.attributes });
        }
    }
    for (var lowerParcelID in attributeCollection) {

var featureData = attributeCollection[lowerParcelID];
        var parcelAttributeData = [];
        if (featureData.length > 1) {
            for (var i = 0; i < featureData.length; i++) {
                parcelAttributeData[featureData.id] = featureData.name;
            }
        }
        else {
            parcelAttributeData = featureData[0].name;
        }
        var graphic = new esri.Graphic(graphicCollection[lowerParcelID], symbol, parcelAttributeData);
        qglayer.add(graphic);
    }

}

0 Kudos
JBald
by
New Contributor III
We're trying to troubleshoot an issue where after creating the notification buffer, only one parcel is selected. The sample viewer shows all parcels within the buffer selected. Has anyone else noted similar behavior? Could this be a result of multipart parcel polygons?

Thanks,
Michael Parma

Michael,
Were you able to get a satisfactory answer regarding your question in 2010?   The solution that was offered here does not work for me. I have a multipart parcel and the buffer only selects one of the pieces of the multipart parcel.   The buffer module I am using is in the Web application for local government "Land use public notification".

Thank you
Judy
0 Kudos