Public Notification Output issues

Jump to solution
11-19-2012 08:25 AM
Labels (1)
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: marauder57

I've been working on getting the Public Notification 10.1 app up and running for our planning tech and have I am having problems.  I installed arcmap and catalog on the server machine so I could publish the gp services.  The generate csv runs and publishes fine but the generateaverylabelspdf fails to execute and the results pane shows the errors I have attached.  I have installed reportlab as instructed in the help document so I'm not sure what's wrong there.  The next issue I'm having is when I run the tool with just the generatecsv tool.  The tool creates the buffer and then shows downloading on the screen, and then the screen changes to the image included stating that there is an invalid URL.  Any help I can get on this would be much appreciated as this tool is a great time saver for me since our planning department has so many mailers, I'd rather let them have the tools to do it than have them wait on me to make it happen.  Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: lind5149

Hi Jordan,

In your post you typed scratchworkspace, did you mean scratchfolder ?

It should be set to %scratchfolder% ?

-Lindsay

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jordan,

The error message is saying reportlab isn't there....Let's manually check in the 64-bit and 32-bit locations...

Do you have these locations on your machine or machine(s) ?
<yourdrive>:\Python27\ArcGISx6410.1\Lib\site-packages\reportlab\pdfgen
<yourdrive>:\Python27\ArcGIS10.1\Lib\site-packages\reportlab\pdfgen

As for the other issue....

Please try running the generatecsv in ArcMap, and make sure the output parameter of the toolbox is set to %scratchfolder%...

In ArcMap verify the output is written to your %scratchfolder%.

Hopefully this helps.

Cheers,
Lindsay Thomas
0 Kudos
JordanBrod
New Contributor III
Hey Lindsay,
Thanks for the response I went in and checked to python folder and reportlab is there in the right place as is the pdfgen folder.  I also checked the csv tool and it is set to the scratch workplace. It's a shame it couldn't be an easy solution.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jordan,

In your post you typed scratchworkspace, did you mean scratchfolder ?

It should be set to %scratchfolder% ?

-Lindsay
0 Kudos
JordanBrod
New Contributor III
Ok Lindsay I went and tried running the GenerateCSV having changed it to %scratchfolder% and it works now but I still can't get the AveryLabel tool to work.  The csv running will be a huge help to our Development Services Coordinator and hopefully I can figure out the Avery Labels bit just to take a step out of her tasks, but at least it get's the burden off of me for right now.  Thanks again.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi Jordan,

I just had a thought on this... Is GenerateCSV and GenerateAvery in the same toolbox? or are they separate?

They should be in the toolbox box. (this is an issue that we will try to fix in the next release)

Toolbox should be PublicNotification and it should have two tasks
    GenerateAveryLabelsPDF and GenerateCSV

Can you successful run the GenerateAVery tool via a Service within arcmap?

Hopefully this helps,

Lindsay
0 Kudos
JordanBrod
New Contributor III
They are in the same PublicNotifcation Toolbox and while I can get the CSV to execute in ArcMap and share it as a service, the AveryPDF fails in ArcMap and I can't publish it.
0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: mschonlau

I'm having the exact same problem...
0 Kudos