Trouble with large arc lengths in cul-de-sacs.....

06-06-2011 02:56 PM
Labels (1)
NickKenczka
New Contributor II
Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone else has been experiencing this issue.  I've been noticing that the fabric has a hard time with large arc lengths in cul-de-sacs.  For example, if a cul-de-sac has one lot and the arc length is large due to the curve not being split, the fabric will really have a hard time assigning the proper arc length over a certain number with a smaller radius, 50-60' for example.  Is anyone else coming up with these issues?  Attached are images for an example. 

Regarding the images, on the traverse, the curve going from points 11 to 12, the traverse will literally not allow me to put in the 289.43'.  Any ideas?
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
Original User: cbuscagl

Hey Nick, this is something that is going to be supported at 10.1.  I know it may seems somewhat rudimentary, but the Least Squares Adjustment has a known limit for curves with central angles over 180 degrees.  For now, you�??ll have to split the arc length/chord, or central angle by 2 when entering these curves.  Many cul-de-sacs they will be split into smaller segments anyway, you just happen to find one that doesn�??t.

Let me know if this fixes the problem, the system will try to shorten the line automatically and this won�??t work for your description.

Chris
0 Kudos