Underlying DBMS Error sql 2012

Jump to solution
07-28-2014 02:45 PM
Labels (1)
JenniferWoodward
New Contributor

Are there any compatability issues with arcgis server 10.2.2, sql 2012, and the governemnt model xml schema?  I have my GDB set up and imported the model.  I can create a new feature and edit fine. But when I try to import data or edit one of the features created by the XML schema I get this

Capture.JPG

Any ideas?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
  • Copy the entire dataset containing the feature class named "MunicipalBoundary" to a File gdb.
  • Delete the dataset from the sde geodatabase.
  • Copy/Paste that dataset from the file gdb back into the sde gdb
  • Check if you are still getting that error while editing.

Before trying/testing anything, please take a recent database backup to avoid any loss of data.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III
  • Copy the entire dataset containing the feature class named "MunicipalBoundary" to a File gdb.
  • Delete the dataset from the sde geodatabase.
  • Copy/Paste that dataset from the file gdb back into the sde gdb
  • Check if you are still getting that error while editing.

Before trying/testing anything, please take a recent database backup to avoid any loss of data.

0 Kudos
JenniferWoodward
New Contributor

That did the trick.  The DB was just the schema and no data so I did the  copy paste on the whole thing and now I can edit all the layers that I have checked so far.  Any thoughts as to the cause of this error incase it causes any other probelms?

0 Kudos
AsrujitSengupta
Regular Contributor III

I am not exactly sure why that error came up, however I would always recommend loading the data into a File gdb first, make the modifications required there and then copy/paste the data to sde. That always works for me!

0 Kudos