X-ray Error

Jump to solution
10-15-2012 09:42 AM
PatriciaMoehring
Occasional Contributor
Trying to export xml of one dataset and getting error -- "XML Export Datasets Error: Unable to cast COM object of type 'System._ComObject' to interfacet type 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Catalog.IGxObject'. This operation failed because the QueryInterface call on the COM component for the interface with IID '{BDBBB3EB-D0B2-11D1-AED9-080009EC734B}' failed due to the following error: No such interface supported (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80004002 (E_NOINTERFACE)).

I don't know what this means or why it isn't working. Seems like I'm doing exactly what Steve is doing in the video?

Any ideas?
36 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
OK, so the NoDatasetName was referring to the AddressPoint feature class, which is present in the geodatabase I derived the xml workspace doc from, but apparently did not carry over. I added it in from the original LGIM xml workspace and (even though I now have 26 errors) it imported fine. A couple of other observations:

1. Running Analyze Differences between the GDB and the derived XML will help understand what's missing as well.

2. You can't just save the Excel workbook, you must also hit the Save edits to selected XML Workspace icon in ArcCatalog for changes to be kept.

Thanks again Scott for pointing me in the right direction.
James
0 Kudos
philippenn
Occasional Contributor
Getting a similar error for trying to export a single FeatureDataset on v10.0.90 of the ArcCatalog XRay Addin running ArcGIS Destkop v10.0 SP4.

I can export the whole Geodatabase just fine but if I select a single FeatureDataset and export (followed by "Yes") then I get

XML Export Datasets Error: Unable to cast object of type
'System.__ComObject' to type 'ESRI.ArcGIS.Catalog.GxCatalogClass'.

I've tried different FDs, tried selecting the FD in the tree or in the Contents pane. Same result.

Any ideas or workarounds gratefully received.

Phil
0 Kudos
PeterPalacios
New Contributor
I've made minor changes to existing SDE datasets and domains and cannot get the Import Using Geoprocessing tool to run without the following error:

Output Geodatabase does not exist
GeoProcessing Error Messages:

Python Error messages:
Traceback Info:
  File "C:\Users\pp0003\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.1\ArcToolbox\My Toolboxes\ImportUsingGeoprocessing.py", line 74, in main
    exit(-1)

File "C:\Python27\ArcGIS10.1\Lib\site.py", line 372, in __call__
    raise SystemExit(code)

Error Info:
    <type 'exceptions.SystemExit'>: -1

Completed script ImportUsingGeoprocessing...
Failed to execute (ImportUsingGeoprocessing).

I've tried multiple configurations for the input parameters (use in-tool dialogue boxes to navigate, drag/drop, local paths, UNC paths) to no avail. Aside from SQL Reserved Word warnings I don't have any errors according to the Validate tool and the Analyze Differences confirms the changes I've made. Anyone have insight to share about this error?

XRay version 10.1.88
Win7 Enterprise SP1 64-bit
ArcDesktop 10.1, SDE 10.1
SQL Server 2008
0 Kudos
JaredCollier
New Contributor II
I am getting a similar but different error.  Any ideas?

Scenario:
Select File GDB to populate dialog, Rename the xml by adding a few letter to ID Feature dataset I would like to extract the xml for (in this case SewerStormwater I added SSW). 
I then clicked on the Feature Dataset SewerStormwater in the contents window.
Then I click the export to xml button and this is the error I eventually get after it thinks for a moment.  Note that if I delete SewerStormwater_Net it errors the same just with the next feature class in line.

Error in XML Document processing: An error occurred while loading document 'C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\ESRI\Desktop10.1\AssemblyCache\{C70C3622-9C........\Working\SewerStormwater_Net_Junctions.xml'.  See InnerException for a complete description of the error.

Jared
0 Kudos
OvidioRivero
New Contributor III

Hello all,

I am having a very similar error to the one shown on this thread.   The error says:   "Xml Import Error: Type Mismatch. (Exception from HRESULT:0x002005).  DISP_E_TYPEMISMATCH))

This happens when I try to import the xml schema.   I have validated it until it has no errors.   I have also tried the workaround about  the about the spatial reference described on this thread.  I have set it  via the Options menu and by selecting a feature dataset on the database.

I have also looked for empty worksheets on the spreadsheets but no success there either.   I am using Arc 10.2.03348 and version 10.2.2 of the add-in.  Any ideas?

Thanks,

Ovidio

0 Kudos
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

X-Ray for ArcCatalog is very fussy.  You have to click things in the right place and at the right time and follow the instructions exactly.

I wrote a blog entry mostly for my own reference to help me when I needed to do it again.  You need to follow these instructions.  When it tells you to select things in the contents window that's where you need to select it.  Don't forget the step that directs you to save the xml schema after you set the spatial reference.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
OvidioRivero
New Contributor III

I tried this too. I even closed the catalog tree so that I only had the contents window available.  I am able to export out and import back in other databases.  I think I am using  the tool correctly and the error is probably something I introduced on the spreadsheets and the xml but the error message is so cryptic that  it does not help me troubleshoot the problem.

0 Kudos
SteveGrise
New Contributor III

I will look at the Xml workspace document for the error if you send it to me. It is likely a different problem than the last few people have reported. This error is reported by the esri Xml Importer so there is little I can do to improve the messages, but there are many different things that can go wrong. steve (at) vertex3 (dot) com

0 Kudos
OvidioRivero
New Contributor III

Here is the file. My current theory is that an escape character got introduced somewhere but I have not figured out how to remove it yet. I have this theory because if I use the Import Using Geoprocessing option it is crashing at a list of countries where there are some foreign characters but the ones I have looked at are completely valid in UTF 8. Therefore I am thinking I am getting a bogus carriage return.

Thanks,

Ovidio

0 Kudos
SteveGrise
New Contributor III

On the Feature Class HypsographyPnt, the FCSubtype DefaultValue for SubtypeCode 100355 (the first one) has a value of 'noInformation' rather than 100355. This string in the integer field appears to be the source of the issue.

Once I replaced that I was able to import that and other parts of the model.

0 Kudos