X-Ray for Geodatabases error

Jump to solution
05-14-2015 12:09 PM
Labels (1)
SallieVaughn
Occasional Contributor

I'm attempting to use X-Ray and the LGIM XML workspace document to set up a file geodatabase using the LGIM. However, when I attempt to open the XML file in X-Ray to change the spatial reference I get the following error:

The process cannot access the file 'c:\users\svaughn\appdata\local\esri\desktop10.1\assembleycache\{7d71649f-b40d-6b79-1328-9a32efd9a2bf}\working\workspacedescriptions.xml' because it is being used by another process.

If I click details, I get the following:

The process cannot access the file 'c:\users\svaughn\appdata\local\esri\desktop10.1\assemblycache\{7d71649f-b40d-6b79-1328-9a32efd9a2bf}\working\workspacedescriptions.xml' because it is being used by another process.

at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)

at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)

at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)

at Laserfiche.OfficePlugin.Common.DocModel.ArtifactFactory.LoadFromLocal(String fullPath, SharingInformation& sharingInfo)

at Laserfiche.OfficePlugin.Common.DocModel.ArtifactFactory.FromLocalDoc(String path, Boolean readOnly)

I also cannot Validate the XML workspace document. When I try to Validate, I get a similar error as the first, but instead of workspacedescriptions.xml it shows gisdatasets.xml.

Any ideas? I do note that the second error has something to do with Laserfiche, but I don't know why.

ArcGIS 10.1 SP1, build 3143

Windows 7 Professional, SP1

-- Sallie Vaughn

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

I wrote a blog (mostly for my own reference) about how to get that to work.  I found that you have to follow the instructions very methodically.  Click on this then do this, then click on this then load that etc...

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah

View solution in original post

7 Replies
JeffWard

I wrote a blog (mostly for my own reference) about how to get that to work.  I found that you have to follow the instructions very methodically.  Click on this then do this, then click on this then load that etc...

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
JeffWard

If you do something out of sequence, it doesn't work properly.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
SallieVaughn
Occasional Contributor

Nice blog! I definitely was missing the "Save" step. It seems that if I was willing to click "OK" on the error messages as they appeared (7x per message), then X-Ray would do what it was supposed to do despite the errors. I have a feeling I'm going to have a lot of issues with X-Ray and would like to get my issue fixed, but for the moment I can start importing data at least.

0 Kudos
JeffWard

Steve Grise​ can probably help you out.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
DarylHochhalter
Occasional Contributor II

I haven't used the addin yet, but was about to when I noticed an error with the digital signature, curious if you might have seen this error when you were installing it. Also, I notice your version is 10.1 and thought I saw somewhere that the first version for XRAY was 10.2. I'm on 10.3 and wondered if that might be an issue too?

0 Kudos
SallieVaughn
Occasional Contributor

I didn't get any errors when installing it. There is a version for 10.1 and a version for 10.2 but I'm sure I installed the 10.1 version.

0 Kudos
DarylHochhalter
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks so much for the info. I'm thinking I need to find the proper version for download. It was more of a Warning about the digital signature than error.....but I misstated that.

0 Kudos