Examples not using toolkit

01-26-2023 02:06 PM
DuanePfeiffer
New Contributor III

It would be nice if the examples were not reliant on the arcgis-maps-sdk-swift-tookit

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ZacharyKline
Esri Contributor

Hello Duane,

Are you referring to ArcGIS Maps SDK for Swift Samples? If so, there is some functionality being displayed in that app that relies on the ArcGIS Maps SDK for Swift Toolkit so the toolkit is required. The samples aim to showcase the simplest means for a user to solve a problem or accomplish a given workflow. Toolkit components do this.

Is there a specific sample you are referring to?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
DuanePfeiffer
New Contributor III

I'm using the Popup example from the Examples project, not the Samples project.  I was hoping to learn how to display a custom popup.  I don't want to have to include the entire toolkit in my project.

0 Kudos
rolson_esri
New Contributor III

I believe the examples project you are talking about is specifically designed to showcase the toolkit components.  So it must depend on the toolkit. 

0 Kudos
ZacharyKline
Esri Contributor

If you would like to learn about how to display a custom popup see Mark's response here to your previous question.

While I highly recommend using the toolkit, you could also use the Toolkit code as a guide to write your own popup view.

0 Kudos