Drones and agriculture /farming starting a group in Florida for a grant. What license does the group need. I am consulting with them on the free resources!

05-11-2018 06:29 AM
BonnieBracey-Sutton1
Occasional Contributor II

I belong to the Urban Tech group on Facebook. I have shared information about ESRI and the free information to learn about drone technologies and agriculture. For the next step I need to know the cost of the license the organizational license to do work beyond the free ( needed to submit on the grant)

0 Kudos
1 Reply
CharlieFitzpatrick
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Bonnie. If a nonprofit group wants to do work with Esri software, the should go to https://www.esri.com/nonprofit and fill out the application. NPOs get lightning low cost software, but have to qualify for that. If the group doing work is not a 501-c-3 nonprofit, they should talk with Esri sales (800-447-9778) to figure out the desired software elements and license quantity.

For K12 school instruction, it's easy -- free -- but the license with the lowest price has the greatest restrictions ... i.e. only for K12 and only for instruction of students or the teachers of K12 students. Everyone else works up the "ladder of permissions and price." Permissions generally expand with price; to get the greatest possible permissions (i.e. I can do anything I want with it) requires full-scale commercial price.