Communication Solutions: Data Management vs Utility Foundation

Jump to solution
04-05-2024 10:18 AM
AlbaraA
New Contributor II

Hello,

I have been trying to copy the Communication Utility Foundation environment into our ArcGIS pro project (Not Enterprise). I come across many errors, I try to fix them by reading topics here, reading the documentations, and watching videos including TGI5s. Still I'm not certain if I'm doing this correctly. 

I noticed the Data Management solution has similar feature layers. But not sure if it can handle tracing and other network topologies features. 

Is there a clear way helps us identify the differences between both solutions? 

Thank you,

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GelisaJoseph
Esri Contributor

Hello,

The Communications Data Management solution is a SaaS solution with no connectivity and works and includes maps and apps in ArcGIS Online or Portal in ArcGIS Enterprise to quickly collect, edit, and view communication assets. 

Communications Utility Network Foundation solution uses the utility network which includes network topology and tracing. Follow the steps here to get started. The ArcGIS project is included with the solution and has tasks to walk you through the solution. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GelisaJoseph
Esri Contributor

Hello,

The Communications Data Management solution is a SaaS solution with no connectivity and works and includes maps and apps in ArcGIS Online or Portal in ArcGIS Enterprise to quickly collect, edit, and view communication assets. 

Communications Utility Network Foundation solution uses the utility network which includes network topology and tracing. Follow the steps here to get started. The ArcGIS project is included with the solution and has tasks to walk you through the solution. 

AlbaraA
New Contributor II

Thank you for your quick reply @GelisaJoseph !

Yes, I see now.

I have been through the tasks several times, It keeps talking about deploying the solution into the Enterprise server, which is not my case. 

Couldn't tell if the errors I'm getting due to not using ArcGIS Enterprise or because of my lack of knowledge.

I was able to copy the Asset package into my coordinate system and use it. but I got stuck on creating the Utility network. Applying Asset tool ended up with multiple errors. 

I'm sorry if I'm mixing topics here, all i want to start updating the network details onto the solution on  ArcGIS pro (School's account)

Thanks again.

0 Kudos