Unable to use Strand Upstream Trace to Switch

Jump to solution
10-26-2023 02:15 PM
AlbaraA
New Contributor II

Hi,

I downloaded "Communications Utility Network Foundation" solution by Esri, and I was going through the Demo Tasks, everything seemed okay until I got to the tracing part;

the Tracing tools (Stand Upstream Trace to Switch & Trace available Strands) in the "Communications Traces.tbx" show no parameters in the pane, however, I hit "run" anyway after choosing my Starting Location following the instructions in the Tasks, and I always get ERROR 001797: No valid subnetwork controllers found. 

I had ArcGIS pro 3.0, then I read that only 2.9 & 3.1 are compatible, so I upgraded to 3.1, but it's still the same.

Connected trace works fine from the utility tools

Thank you for helping 🙂

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

@AlbaraA There is an issue with the 'Barriers' parameter from the Stand Upstream Trace to Switch model pointing at the Structure Junction Object table. Remove this from 'Barriers' and re-save the model and it should work. By default there shouldn't be anything set under 'Barriers'. 

SpatialNinja_0-1698355435104.png

You can also run an Upstream trace and set your own parameters and it should work fine.

SpatialNinja_1-1698355565383.png

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SpatialNinja
Esri Regular Contributor

@AlbaraA There is an issue with the 'Barriers' parameter from the Stand Upstream Trace to Switch model pointing at the Structure Junction Object table. Remove this from 'Barriers' and re-save the model and it should work. By default there shouldn't be anything set under 'Barriers'. 

SpatialNinja_0-1698355435104.png

You can also run an Upstream trace and set your own parameters and it should work fine.

SpatialNinja_1-1698355565383.png

Solutions Engineer | Spatial Ninja  | GIS ️ | Telecommunications
AlbaraA
New Contributor II

@SpatialNinja  Thank you so much!

I did the edits and Stand Upstream Trace to Switch model gave me the same error, but I was able to Upstream under the Utility tools.