Help with MMPK and navigator

Jump to solution
11-26-2017 03:31 PM
marksmarks
New Contributor

hi all, i'm new to GIS and was just trying to make a map for navigator. (just using trial) ive made a small map with a couple of features id need. have made a network and it appears to be working and routing. it just dosn't show up in navigator. i'm assuming im missing elements it needs to function but cant find info on everything a MMPK needs to work with nav. thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Marks Marks,

Navigator requires maps to have a locator.   So you will need to create a locator for your Mobile Map Package.

Locators provide the Search functionality, and you will likely want this for your Well data.

This can be done using the Geoprocessing tool,  Create Address Locator.

Then when you create the Mobile Map Package, include the Locator.

Share the Package  and then when you search for it in Navigator, you will see that it appears.

As an extra tip..  If you are already on the search result panel in Navigator, click cancel and go back to your maps view and click the + button to reset the search.

Mark

View solution in original post

5 Replies
FrankKish
Esri Contributor

Hi,

I used the aa.mmpk you attached above and added it to my iPhone via iTunes.  It was listed in my available "Maps" and I was able to open and route with it.  So it seem like the mmpk is 'valid'. 

What type of device are you using?  And what steps did you follow to put it on the device?

Thanks

MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

Marks Marks,

Navigator requires maps to have a locator.   So you will need to create a locator for your Mobile Map Package.

Locators provide the Search functionality, and you will likely want this for your Well data.

This can be done using the Geoprocessing tool,  Create Address Locator.

Then when you create the Mobile Map Package, include the Locator.

Share the Package  and then when you search for it in Navigator, you will see that it appears.

As an extra tip..  If you are already on the search result panel in Navigator, click cancel and go back to your maps view and click the + button to reset the search.

Mark

marksmarks
New Contributor

thanks mark. that was the issue. it was an using samsung s7 btw. it wouldnt show up in maps at all.

is there any type of locator that navigator prefers.

i tried just a "general single input" and it makes the map "invalid" in navigator

but then tried "general City,State,Country" and it worked.

0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor

A single field should work..  I usually use gazetteer for point locations.  Were you creating an address locator from the two well points in the MMPK you attached to this question?

0 Kudos
marksmarks
New Contributor

yeah i attached a locator using the well points. i tried a couple of of different locator methods, they all worked with the "find" tool in arcmap but then only the 3 field locator worked in navigator so i guess i was doing something wrong. should be enough to get me by anyway. cheers for the help.

0 Kudos