Linear Referencing

08-19-2013 09:22 AM
ShellyMorgan
New Contributor III
Can anyone help me with Linear Referencing? I�??ve posted my problem, here on the Forums, and requested help through ESRI for a month now, with no luck. Here is an original message sent to ESRI support.

Thank for getting back to me. I am trying to create a map, for our City Public Works department, illustrating pavement conditions along our City streets. We have a report, from the County, designating the pavement conditions; good, bad, poor, etc. However, the report is in an Excel table, with no spatial reference. We need to join the table with our street line feature class; and, create conditions along a route and a unique ID.
I hope to use a more efficient process. I've been reviewing ESRI web site for help; like Linear Referencing in ArcGIS and Intersecting Tools for ArcGIS 10- Assign the SLD RouteID.
At our City, GIS procedures are done in an Ad-hoc sort of way, interns come & go and standards are not established. In the past this project was done by an intern, and I do not know how the entire project was completed.
So, my question is how we can create a map showing our pavement conditions on our City streets.

Shelly
0 Kudos
0 Replies