Time of Day?

11-27-2013 07:15 PM
SimonJackson
Occasional Contributor III
I understand there is a traffic add-on for the ArcGIS for TA bundle, but AFAIK, this is more for real-time traffic and allows a fleet operator to re-route vehicles based upon real time traffic changes occurring.

Q1 I believe with this add-on, solving routes will not actually take into account the traffic layer, its more for the operator to manually make changes and update the routes and send out to the drivers?

What I am more interested in answering, is how does the Route Planner account for different traffic levels throughout the day.
For example, according to Route Planner, if I make the depot my house, and throw one order at one vehicles, that order being my work:

• At 7am: 17min, 18.69km

• At 10am: 17min, 18.69km

• At Noon: 17min, 18.69km

I know using the ready to use services in Desktop 10.2, which according to Fiddler looks like its using the same endpoints as Route Planner, there is the option to input time of day. 

Q2. Does Route Planner incorporate historical traffic conditions into its routing algorithms out of the box.
To deliver an order into Melbourne city at 4 in the morning should be a lot quicker than attempting to deliver an order during peak rush ours.
0 Kudos
0 Replies