User defined routes without the STOP

01-17-2012 03:26 AM
DavidLednik
Occasional Contributor II
There does not seem to be a way of providing a list of waypoints to follow without defining each one as a STOP.
The consequence is that ALN will announce "you will arrive..." for each STOP and you have to choose to continue after each STOP.
Can you confirm if there is a method of defining a user specified route which ends with a STOP?

Regards,
David
3 Replies
BertYagrich
New Contributor
Hi David, I just want to make sure I understand your exact issue so we can consider it in future requirements planning if we don't support it now.  You'd like to modify the route with waypoints to force a user-specified route without having to treat that waypoint as a stop and click 'continue'.

Currently, you're correct that there is no way to set waypoints that aren't stops.  ALN was originally built as a companion app to ArcLogistics Desktop so it was assumed all route editing would be done on the desktop and then pushed to the mobile navigator.
0 Kudos
DavidLednik
Occasional Contributor II
Thank you for the quick answer.

That is correct. You're forced to click continue once a stop is reached. We would like this to be skipped until the final stop is reached on the mobile device.

I've been looking at the documentation and I see that there is an event called OnArriveAtStop(StopIndex, StopName)
Would it be possible to add a code here that would automatically continue the route if the stop isn't final.
In theory calling ContinueTracking() should do just that from what I read in the document "Programmatic Remote Control of ArcLogistics Navigator"

Does this makes sense?

Regards,
David
0 Kudos
BertYagrich
New Contributor
Hi David, the remote control API is designed to be used with a second application.  If you had some other field worker application for your driver, they could use that onsite and then use it to push the next destination to ALN for navigation.  There isn't anything you can modify within the ALN application itself.
0 Kudos