pls can I request for Official Invitation to attend the User Conference for my establishment?

04-27-2017 02:15 AM
Attah_MotunrayoFakeye
New Contributor

My Research Institute will like to attend the conference but I need an official letter to that effect. Is it possible to have that from ESRI

0 Kudos
5 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

maybe your institute is eligible for a complimentary pass... https://community.esri.com/thread/190419-complimentary-pass-to-uc

Are you planning to give a paper/poster?  You would then be 'invited' to register... which I suspect isn't what is needed.

Attah_MotunrayoFakeye
New Contributor

I did submit a work done by my Institute as a poster. ie Engineering Subgrade Soil Atlas for inclusion.It is on the basis of this, that we will like to attend the conference. Hence, the need for invitation letter from there for office useregards Attah Fakeye (Mrs)Nigerian Building and Road Research Institutekm 10 Idiroko Road, OttaP.M.B.1055Otta - Ogun State, Nigeria+234-8067430926

0 Kudos
Attah_MotunrayoFakeye
New Contributor

Hello Dan, are you still there?

0 Kudos
TimothyHales
Esri Notable Contributor

As per the thread than Dan linked to above: Send an email to confregis@esri.com and they can look up your info to see if your organization is eligible for complimentary registration(s).

RebeccaStrauch__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Just in case you are just needing a suggestion for what to include in a letter you write to justify your trip within your office, they have a sample letter on the bottom of this page

Esri UC | Why Attend 

edit: I just looked at the letter and, although maybe obvious, the Hotel and Meals estimated at the bottom are per night/day.  Of course that all varies as to where you stay and what you eat.  There are tips and tricks from previous years on geonet to help keep some of these costs down (i.e. staying further our and taking the trolley (or UBER/LYFT) and taking advantage of the evening socials where appetizers are served, etc).

Here's a proposal letter you can customize and a one-sheeter you can download to justify your trip.