UC2023- what's the event code for the ESRI Events App?

Jump to solution
06-21-2023 09:02 AM
Labels (1)
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

I don't understand why ESRI choses to make things more difficult than they need to be but when you open the ESRI Events app, there's nothing there and you have to enter some magical, mystery code like it's a Speakeasy to unlock access to the event and agenda (I believe ESRI started this last year but, whatever).

What is the code? There's no mention of the code when you log into the UC site. I wanted to enter some items now so I don't forget because I use the app instead of the website when at the conference.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

@SteveCole, I've heard back from our team and the app is currently set to show that access is 'Coming Soon.' We anticipate access being granted as early as within the next 24 hours. Once that status changes, you should be able to click on the event to get right in. 

If you're still seeing something else, would you mind sending our team an email (esricommunity@esri.com) that contains a screenshot of what you're describing as well as listing your device model and operating system? I'll be happy to get that over to the team working on the app so that they can investigate.

Jesse Cloutier
Community Manager, Engagement & Content

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Thanks for checking in about that code, @SteveCole. I'm sorry this has become a point of frustrating for you and am glad you got in touch. I've pinged our team working with the app to collect some details for you. I'll follow up here once I've heard back and appreciate your patience in the meantime. 

Jesse Cloutier
0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

@SteveCole, I've heard back from our team and the app is currently set to show that access is 'Coming Soon.' We anticipate access being granted as early as within the next 24 hours. Once that status changes, you should be able to click on the event to get right in. 

If you're still seeing something else, would you mind sending our team an email (esricommunity@esri.com) that contains a screenshot of what you're describing as well as listing your device model and operating system? I'll be happy to get that over to the team working on the app so that they can investigate.

Jesse Cloutier
0 Kudos
MeleKoneya1
New Contributor III

Hi Jesse,   I am trying to use the app on m iOS phone and when I log in with my Esri account which I am registered to the UC under,   it says "Login Failed - unable to login, Please try again later"    Thanks

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Hi @MeleKoneya1, and thanks for letting us know something wasn't working the way it should have for you. Is this still happening to you or are you able to get into the app now? If not, please send an email over to our team at esricommunity@esri.com and let us know your phone model operating system version so that we can get some details over to our team working on the app for investigation. 

Jesse Cloutier
JoelWasinger
New Contributor II

I'd seen the "coming soon" message earlier, but happily discovered today that not only is the UC now showing  in the Events App, but our schedules are integrated with the AGOL map as well, complete with on-map highlight and IPS navigation, so that we're not only shown where the session is, but turn-by-turn how to get there.  The integration is better from the map (vs. accessing the map from within the app), imo, but I welcome both.

Glad Esri finally put this together. 👍 Will we have current location and en-route updates as well? 🤔  Can't wait to see. 😎

0 Kudos
JesseCloutier
Esri Community Manager

Glad to hear the update is so welcome, @JoelWasinger! Our colleagues working on this project have publishes a blog article that provides more details about the map and its capabilities, which you can read here. You'll find this answer included:

"Why can’t I find a blue dot on the map? 

Currently, Esri is not able to install the beacons which are required to enable a real-time indoor positioning system throughout the conference venues. However, the maps provide turn-by-turn directions between the two points you select along with estimated travel time."

Jesse Cloutier