DEM Reconditioning Error

11-19-2013 07:41 AM
LaylaBz
New Contributor II
I am trying to delineate watersheds on a DEM map, having Stream shape file.
My first step was DEM Reconditioning which I get the following error for ( error is attached as an image to this post)

Could anyone please help me with it?
Thanks!

p.s. I have two sets of DEM files and the second image is the error I get for running the DEM Reconditioning function for the second set.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
I don't have time to delve into this right now. Check out the posts at the link below my signature. Tips may help you work around the issue.
0 Kudos
LaylaBz
New Contributor II
I don't have time to delve into this right now. Check out the posts at the link below my signature. Tips may help you work around the issue.

Thank you, I read a lot of your posts, and did follow your instructions on setting up target folders and cleaning up temp folders, etc.
The issue still exists. I still get the following error:

Could you kindly help me resolve this issue?
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
Have you tried starting over from scratch with just the rawdem, agreestream and innerwall data? I did this recently and it helped be get past some unknowable problem that was hanging up the AdjointCatchment creation process. My view of it is that starting from scratch makes sure there isn't some residual setting or variable that is hindering the process.

If you put the new mxd in the same directory, it is good to give the data frame a different name so that the folder and dataset names don't conflict with the old ones. To avoid this hassle, I will often close Arc Map and using Windows Explorer delete the folder with the rasters and the geodatabase created by Arc Hydro. These are all recreated when you run Arc Hydro tools. The only layers I save are rawdem, agreestream, innerwalls and outerwalls (not used much). I will also often save the batch points if I set them manually since is can take time to set them in the right place again. If you copy the batch points in the save batch point layer to the new geodatabase for the file and data frame, you have to set the "BatchDone" value back to 0 so the batch watershed or subwatershed delineation tools will work.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
LaylaBz
New Contributor II
Have you tried starting over from scratch with just the rawdem, agreestream and innerwall data? I did this recently and it helped be get past some unknowable problem that was hanging up the AdjointCatchment creation process. My view of it is that starting from scratch makes sure there isn't some residual setting or variable that is hindering the process.

If you put the new mxd in the same directory, it is good to give the data frame a different name so that the folder and dataset names don't conflict with the old ones. To avoid this hassle, I will often close Arc Map and using Windows Explorer delete the folder with the rasters and the geodatabase created by Arc Hydro. These are all recreated when you run Arc Hydro tools. The only layers I save are rawdem, agreestream, innerwalls and outerwalls (not used much). I will also often save the batch points if I set them manually since is can take time to set them in the right place again. If you copy the batch points in the save batch point layer to the new geodatabase for the file and data frame, you have to set the "BatchDone" value back to 0 so the batch watershed or subwatershed delineation tools will work.

Hope this helps.

Thanks again Mr. Mark.
I realized I get this error when I end my AGREEDEM name with a number too! So I omit the number and replaced it with a letter and it worked like magic! (I learnt this from one of your threads as well!)

I really appreciate your help.
0 Kudos