GeoRAS ERROR..HELP!!

10-20-2011 09:59 AM
ClayGood
New Contributor
Hey everyone,
I am generating a inundation map within HEC GeoRAS.  I have my GRID topo data into ArcGIS10 using GeoRAS 10, and have also successfully imported my HEC-RAS model on-top of the topo data.

I go to run my "Ras Mapping" Water surface generation, and everything goes fine.  My problem occurs when I attempt to Delineate my Floodplain.  Here is the message I get after it runs awhile and then crashes.  (see attachment for error message)

Anyone have any idea why I am getting this error?  I have tried running the Ras Mapping with a TIN ground surface with the same error.  Any ideas??

Thanks!
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies
MattMead
New Contributor III
I may be misremembering, but I think in older versions of HEC-GeoRAS these sorts of errors would pop up if you didn't have the correct licenses active and one wasn't available(ie. 3d Analyst for georas).  It is saying that your temporary floodplain file is blank so something is preventing it from being populated.

Failing that, why not use either the TIN Difference tool in 3dAnalyst or if your data is in a raster/grid format use "Raster Calculator" in spatial analyst and just subtract your terrain data from your water surface.  Everything positive would be in your floodplain, then just raster->polygon.  I assume both those tools are still in Arc10...I'm still using 9.3.1.
0 Kudos
JeffLee
New Contributor II
I see from your error dialog that the directory path has a dash in it.   this could be the cause of your error.
0 Kudos
MattMead
New Contributor III
I see from your error dialog that the directory path has a dash in it.   this could be the cause of your error.

Unless that is something new to Arc 10's geo-ras it shouldnt be.  My company's entire project structure is set up as yr-proj# and we have never had an issue with Geo-ras that wasnt human error.  Then again, we dont use its built in mappers and instead use the methods I listed before.

If it screws up with dashes in the file names our IT department will be very unhappy
0 Kudos
Kuang_NgangE
New Contributor
Hey everyone,
I am generating a inundation map within HEC GeoRAS.  I have my GRID topo data into ArcGIS10 using GeoRAS 10, and have also successfully imported my HEC-RAS model on-top of the topo data.

I go to run my "Ras Mapping" Water surface generation, and everything goes fine.  My problem occurs when I attempt to Delineate my Floodplain.  Here is the message I get after it runs awhile and then crashes.  (see attachment for error message)

Anyone have any idea why I am getting this error?  I have tried running the Ras Mapping with a TIN ground surface with the same error.  Any ideas??

Thanks!

Why don't you consult the experts: Dr. Maidment or Dan Snead @ dsnead@mail.utexas.edu
0 Kudos