HEC-GeoRAS HydroID error

08-04-2010 01:07 AM
bogdanpalade1
New Contributor III
Hello,

I recently started working with HEC-GeoRAS to do a dam break analysis. As I'm editing the geometric data, I have encountered a problem: every time I finish drawing a feature (does not matter which kind...river centerline, banks, cross sections, bridges...all) I get the following message (it´s translated from spanish because my windows is in spanish):
"GetUniqueId=-214...a lot of numbers, The Microsoft Jet database engine cannot find the table or the entry query "HydroIdTable". Make sure that it exists and its name is written correctly"

Well, after this...all seems ok, but the HydroId field in the table of attributes is populated with -1 for every feature. As this field is used later to create links between the layers, I have a strange feeling that this is going to cause me problems.
Anybody knows what's happening?

PS: I work with arcgis arcinfo 9.3, hec-georas 4.2 for 9.3 and hec-ras 4.1. I also have archydro (a beta version) toolbar installed.

Thanks,
Bogdan
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
bogdanpalade1
New Contributor III
It's solved
0 Kudos
AnthonyPhillips
New Contributor
It's solved

What was your solution...I'm having the same problem :confused:...

Thanks!
0 Kudos
JeffLee
New Contributor II
Shot in the dark,

Check for spaces in table names and directory path.
0 Kudos
SerikNurakynov
New Contributor
It's solved

What was your solution?? could you write step by step ?
thanks in advance
Serik
0 Kudos
SerikNurakynov
New Contributor
I am using Hec-GeoRAS to draw flood inundation mapping and are showing the following errors:
- In the attribute table of the "river" column "HydroID" shows the value (-1);
- In the attribute table of the "XS Cut Line 3D" column "XS2DID" shows the value (-1);
- The generated file "GIS2Ras" does not show the sections.
what mistakes I'm making?
Thank you for your attention.
0 Kudos