Impossible to use Adjoint Catchment Processing in HecGeoHMS - why??

03-25-2013 10:40 AM
MartinJespersen
New Contributor II
I have installed the HecGeoHMS 10.1 on a laptop running ArcGIS 10.1. I try to use the "Preprocessing tools" and the demo-dataset from "American River". All the points on the "Preprocessing tools"-menu run nicely without problems until i come to the last thing on the list: The Adjoint Catchment Processing.
When using this tool i get a lot of errors, the first of them is: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException(0x80004005)

As far as i know i do need this file of Adjointment of Catchments to proceed to the next task in the HecGeoHMS - but i really have no ideas about what is wrong or what i should do to fix the problem.
Therefor i REALLY HOPE that somebody could help me a bit further - what am i doing wrong and what do i need to do to make this file with the aggregated catchments? Or - maybe it is possible to go to the next task  without having this file?

PLEASE HELP ME !! 🙂
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
MarkBoucher
Occasional Contributor III
Try suggestions from here: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/48100-ArcHydro-Problem-Solvers

The first things I'd try are clearing out the temp files and turning off the background processing. Also, I assume you are working with data on you laptop and not on a network. Working locally eliminate errors for some reason. Lastly, I'm not working with 10.1 and so there could be something else going on related to the operating system.
0 Kudos
MartinJespersen
New Contributor II
MBoucher21  - thanks for the reply!! I will try those tips at once. By the way - i have experienced exactly the same problem when using ArcGIS10.
0 Kudos
MartinJespersen
New Contributor II
So - i read through all the posts that MBoucher21 has written and linked to - and something of all those tips did the trick!! So - now is everything running smoothly and fine - thanks again for the excellent help!! 🙂
0 Kudos
ShuhaiZheng
New Contributor III
This step can be completed using the tool in ArcHydro. The tool in GeoHMS only generated an empty feature class.

BTW, I am using the latest tools running on ArcGIS 10.1.
0 Kudos
yangzhang
New Contributor
Hi Guys, I just solved this problem. My ArcGIS Version 10.1

There is one setting in ArcGIS menu Geoprocessing/Geoprocessing Options/Background processing, uncheck "Enable", Click Ok!

Good Luck!!!
HauXuan
New Contributor

Many thanks yang zhang! I have created adjoin catchment in this processing.

0 Kudos