Building Sewer System from Scratch...

03-22-2011 06:36 AM
KathleenZynda
New Contributor
I have created a manhole layer that contains a few attributes that I would like to automatically populate into the sewer layer if possible and I am having difficulty coming up with an approach to this.  Attributes such as the upstream manhole ID and invert and downstream manhole ID and invert.  Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!  Perhaps this is something a geometric network could help me with?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
zyndak,
  The Attribute Assistant in the Infrastructure editing tempalte has tools to help you.  There are tools to auto draw the sewer lines and tools to auto attribute those lines with the ID's from the manholes based on the From-To nodes.

You can find the template on the galleries page.
http://help.arcgis.com/en/waterutilities/gallery.html
0 Kudos
BiniamTes
New Contributor
Hello Guys,
I have a sewer network system constructed by vertex and edges. where the vertex represent manholes and the lines representing the pipe of the sewer system. For network analysis such as topology and structural analysis i want to order the sewer network system using the Strahler ordering method. Can any one help me how to do this one with shape file. I have found the means to do it with raster files but not with shape files( polylines and nodes)

looking for your help
thanx
0 Kudos