If you’re using the Attribute Assistant, we need your help!

02-23-2016 07:37 AM
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

We’re doing some research into how the Attribute Assistant is being used. We’d like to see what rules you are using and how you configured your dynamic value table. 

This information will help us plan for the future. We want to know what are the most common rules.  We also want to see your gnarly and complicated rules to see how far the Attribute Assistant is being pushed.

So please share your dynamic value table along with any comments you have in this thread. We appreciate your help on this effort!

Thanks,

Mike

ArcGIS Solutions

PS: If you don’t know what the Attribute Assistant is (or aren’t sure if you are using it already) no worries.  You can learn more about Attribute Assistant on the ArcGIS Solution site here

Tags (1)
239 Replies
MikeMillerGIS

I would uninstall the addin using the add in manager, restart arcmap, close arcmap, then install the most current. If that does not work, you might need to manually clear your assembly cache. Tech support can help you out.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

0 Kudos
IvelisseTorres-Alejo
New Contributor

Hello Mike,

Thanks for responding so promptly. I do not have the add-in installed in the PC where I have 10.4.1. I have been using it in the PC where I have version 10.2.2, with no problems.

I read in the latest Premium Support Newsletter that there is a version compatible with 10.4.1. Do you have the link for this download?

Thanks!!

Ivelisse

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
0 Kudos
IvelisseTorres-Alejo
New Contributor

Thanks Mike, this one did not work either. 

Thanks for your help. I am going to contact Esri for assistance.

Ivelisse

0 Kudos
PieterHoltzhausen
New Contributor III

Hi Mike and other fellow users, 

I have an enterprise geodatabase polygon feature class, which is in a geographic coordinate system. I have a field: GIS_Area in the feature class, which I populate with the size (in hectares) of the polygons using a projected coordinate system.

My question is: can I use Attribute Assistant to do update this field ?

It seems that I cannot make use of Shape.STArea(), because the data source is not in a projected coordinate system. And I also when I change my data frame to the projected coordinate system, my other Attribute Assistant methods doesn't seem to work properly (INTERSECTING_FEATURE gives me incorrect results)

please could you give me some advise on my predicament ?

Kind regards

Pieter

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

The Length rule will store the area for a polygon, it does this in the units of the data’s coordinate system. If you specify TRUE as the parameter, it uses a GeoDesic measurement. I am assuming you not only need true measurements, but also a unit change? Could you use this in combination with the expression method to change the spatial reference units to hectares?

0 Kudos
PieterHoltzhausen
New Contributor III

Hi Michael, thanks for your response.

I should be able to use your suggestion in the meantime, but I really would rather calculate the area in the projected coordinate system we are using (Albers). I saw that you did initiate an enhancement of exposing wkid's in the attribute assistant, this would be ideal if you could add this with the next release.

Another thing: I understand that Attribute Assistant Expressions can only be built in VBScript, and not in python. Is this true? Do you have any plans to include python code to be used in the expressions ?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

VBSricpt only.  No plans for support of python.  If we are to add it, we would expose it as a new rule to support backwards compatibility.

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS

I logged this enhancement to expose a WKID or units to change the value being stored.

https://github.com/Esri/local-government-desktop-addins/issues/139

0 Kudos
Thomas_JKukitz
New Contributor

I am mainly using this for Water Utility Local Gov data. So look at anything to do with utilities on the table. I have not worked with other feature classes yet.

0 Kudos