Problems with VALIDATE_ATTRIBUTE_LOOKUP

05-16-2019 01:12 PM
MarielaDel_Rio
New Contributor III

Any ideas as to where to get help when something fails?

I configured the dynamic table to get some values from a master street table into the SiteAddressPoint table using the Validate attribute lookup method. It did not work.

I set the AA to debug and found that a couple of fields were not found. I have no idea where these fields are searched because both, the SiteAddressPoint and Master tables have the fields. 

This is the configuration on the dynamic table:

TABLENAME: SiteAddressPoint

FIELDNAME: FULLNAME,PREDIR,STNAME,STTYPE,STTYPE1, STTYPE2, ALTUNITTYPE

VALUEMETHOD: VALIDATE_ATTRIBUTE_LOOKUP

VALUEINFO: MasterStreetName|FULLNAME, ROADPREDIR, ROADNAME, ROADTYPE, ROADTYPE1, ROADTYPE2, RAMP

Both sets of fields exist, FIELDNAME fields are from siteAddressPoint, and Fields from VALUEINFO exist in Master Street name.

The logfile states the rule was not processed:

------------------------------------------------
Row Info
Row Number 8
TableName: SiteAddressPoint
FieldName: FULLNAME,PREDIR,STNAME,STTYPE,STTYPE1, STTYPE2, ALTUNITTYPE
ValueInfo: MasterStreetName|FULLNAME, ROADPREDIR, ROADNAME, ROADTYPE, ROADTYPE1, ROADTYPE2, RAMP
ValueMethod: VALIDATE_ATTRIBUTE_LOOKUP
On Create: 1
On Change: 1

Checking for Subtype Restriction  <------ I do not know where this is
Field Name: Street Name was found at index: 12  <---- I am not sure where "Street Name is"
Field Name: QUADRANT was found at index: 43   <----  or quadrant
Field Name: STNAME was found at index: 44
Field Name: STTYPE was found at index: 45
Field Name: STTYPE1 was found at index: 54
STTYPE2 Field not found                                          <------ These two fields exist in SiteAddressPoint
ALTUNITTYPE Field not found
Rule not processed
------------------------------------------------

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

It searches the TOC, not by layer name, but feature class name. Could there be a table with the same gdb name?

0 Kudos
MarielaDel_Rio
New Contributor III

Unfortunately, that is not the case. the TOC has spaces in it, the actual FC do not. They are MasterStreetName and SiteAddressPoint.

Thank you

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

It does not use the TOC name, just the Feature Class Name.  Some pictures of the map and your dynamic value table would be helpful

0 Kudos