Splitting wMain when creating lateral using a split at point enabled feature template and the water network editing utility toolbar

01-12-2017 10:52 AM
AndrewWolff
New Contributor II

I recently began working with the add laterals at connections tool in the water utility network editing toolbar.  The documentation indicated that by leaving the  <EditTemplate> value blank a user would be presented with a selection of which template to use.  I applied this to the start point of the lateral where it joins the main. In some cases the fitting is a Tee and some times its a Tap.  I wanted to apply this further by creating a feature template for a Tee in the fittings layer that uses the  Add a point and split an intersecting line.  

On its own this feature template works perfectly splitting the main where the Tee is placed.  However when I select that feature template while running the Add Laterals at Connection tool from the Water Utility Network Editing Toolbar it places the Tee and fails to split the main.   Has anyone been able to have the lateral creation also split the main for hydrant laterals and larger service connections?

Andrew Wolff   

Strathcona County Utilities

0 Kudos
1 Reply
AndrewWolff
New Contributor II

Apparently there is a new variable in the config that will address this in the February release.

Enhancement - Expose option to split line at Points Along in Add Laterals functions · Issue #137 · E...