Water CIP Tooltips

04-05-2011 08:05 AM
SSMIC3038
Occasional Contributor III
Maybe a bit trivial, but playing with the Water CIP template and the icons don't show tool tips when I hover over them.
This toolset looks great but without documentation, or at the least - tool tips, it's pretty hard to get up to speed on how to use, at very least users will need a document with the toolbar and icons detailed. I noticed on the video that tool tips were working there.

Anyway to get tooltips working for this (I have tooltips working under the default toolbar settings).
0 Kudos
8 Replies
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor
I will take a look and see if I can add them if they are not there.
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
I added the tool tips. 

You can find the new version here:
http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/20000-Beta-Versions?p=91320&viewfull=1#post91320
0 Kudos
SSMIC3038
Occasional Contributor III
Thanks Mike.
Some of the functionality youve been developing looks great, were in the process of upgrading a 10 year old (ArcGIS 8.0 beta) enterprise GIS and we have some big plans for these new tools!!
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Sounds great, I think you will really like the new tools in 10.  Let us know how we can help.
0 Kudos
haThach
New Contributor III
Hi Mike,
I'm currently testing this CIP template, loves it, thank you. Question: where or how can I change the buffer setting from your default of 15 to 25 when I select some wMains to create a cip project.

Ha
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Do you mean the buffer of the mains that is created with you save the project, the convex hull around all the features?  If so, at the moment it is hard coded.  I can expose that value in the next release if you would like.
0 Kudos
haThach
New Contributor III
Do you mean the buffer of the mains that is created with you save the project, the convex hull around all the features?  If so, at the moment it is hard coded.  I can expose that value in the next release if you would like.

Yes Mike, add that option in your next release. Thank You!

Ha Thach
GeoData Modelers Inc.
0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Here is an update version with the buffer amounts exposed. 

Steps:
Uninstall the old version using the Add in Manager in ArcMap
Close ArcMap
Double Click the attached add in
Open ArcMap, this places the config file in the directory below
Browse to the following location.
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\ArcGIS4LocalGovernment\ProjectCostingTools

Open the ProjectCost.Config and adjust the following tags.
0 Kudos