Water Lateral Line Type for schools

02-15-2017 12:46 PM
JoeBryant2
Occasional Contributor II

Hi,

We are in the process of migrating our data to the Local Government Information Model. I am currently defining the "LateralLineType" field using the domain that comes with the LGIM by default. I'm wondering what the intended LineType for laterals that feed schools is: Domestic, Commercial, Industrial, or Other.

Maybe other Districts have added a "school" line type to their laterals? Both our billing department and the County Assessor define the parcels as "school" instead of commercial or the like.

Thanks for your input,

Joe Bryant

0 Kudos
4 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

mmiller-esristaff‌, can you provide Joe feedback?

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

As you suggested, I would just add another type.  Be good to know if we should add this to the base data mode.  Do others break out schools as their own type?  

0 Kudos
MikeMillerGIS
Esri Frequent Contributor

Actually, what about a Account Type on the commercial lateral?  This would let you model things such as dialysis centers, schools, hospitals, etc.

0 Kudos
JoeBryant2
Occasional Contributor II

Hmm; as in an "Account Type" field for the Water Lateral Lines feature class, separate from the "Line Type" field?

I am leaning toward adding to the wLateralType domain that the "Line Type" field uses in wLateralLine. Looking at the Assessor information we get from Sacramento County and would use to populate this field, we could easily identify schools, hospitals, skilled nursing, residential care homes, even churches/community centers.

The wServiceConnection feature class uses the wServicePointType domain for field SERVICETYPE, which is defined exactly the same as the wLateralType domain. I would be populating this attribute in wServiceConnection points first (based on the account/parcel info), and then joining the value to the wLateralLine class, so they both should be updated to match.

Also, having these values populated would help us more easily identify / populate the "CriticalCustomer" field in wServiceConnections.

0 Kudos