07-14-2014 03:57 PM
Labels (1)

Enhanced Search Widget Version 2.23.1 - 11/22/22

Live Preview Site

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | Help - Enhanced Search widget

List of the latest enhancements and changes:

1. Fixed issue with Spatial Relationship settings

Older enhancements or changes

Check the "Older enhancements or changes.txt" in the download for a complete list.

Older Versions

Last 2.21 version

Last 2.17 version

Last 2.13 version

Last 2.12 version

Last 2.11 version

Last 2.9 version

Last 2.7 version

Last 2.6 version

Last 2.5 version

Labels (1)
Attachments
Comments

Rupali,

Please follow the instructions provided, don't just look at the manifest.json.

I did try using the alt key and clicking on widget body, I did not get any info, hence I looked at manifest.

Does that work with certain browsers? I am using chrome.

-Rupali

Nick,

You can import the app the way you are talking about or use the WAB Dev upgrade utility discussed in the help Upgrade apps—Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS (Developer Edition) | ArcGIS for Developers

Once you have your app in WAB 2.0 you just copy the new 2.x eSearch widget to the [install dir]\server\apps\[app#]\widgets folder. The old config_Enhanced Search.json file that copied over from 1.3 will still work, so you do not have to reconfigure the widget.

Ahh..sorry figured it out! Had to click on the title tab of the widget!

Sorry about that…

Widget Version: 1.1.6 Widget is designed to run in Web AppBuilder version: 1.1 This enhanced search widget offers the ability to search by a string, geometry and spatial relationship.

Looks like I got the older one.

I downloaded the zip from

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-1731

where do I get the one for WAB 2.0?

-Rupali

Rupali,

The 2.0.1.3 version of the widget is what you will get when you click on this documents attachments eSearch.zip at the top of this page:

preview.jpg

What is strange is that you pasted the contents of the 2.0.1.3 manifest.json in your previous post so you have downloaded the 2.0.1.3 version but somehow you are not using it.

yes that is very strange. I do have the older version of the widgets...maybe I need to remove those. Let me try deleting the older widgets and re adding the newer one.

Hi Robert,

no, it looks like I'm using the newest version:

Widget Version: 2.0.1.3 Widget is designed to run in Web AppBuilder version: 2.0.1 This enhanced search widget offers the ability to search by a string, geometry and spatial relationship.

Maybe I didn't make clear enough where my problems are:

With this setting:

-> I get a popup from the results list but not the popup that was defined in the web map.

-> Outside the search I get the web map defined popup.

With this setting:

-> From the search result I can zoom to the parcel but no popup is displayed

-> When I click into the parcel the webmap defined popup shows.

What I would like: Click on result list zooms to parcel AND shows the web map defined popup.

Regarding the link:

I defined the link in the settings for the search layer:

I can say to disable the link in the popup:

But I can't disable it for the results list.

Not trying to be sarcastic, but if it were that easy I would have already added it. You can look at the buildWhereClause function but there is a lot more going on with adding or removing of Features from the currentFeatures array.

Hehe, yes, sorry. Somehow I was "hoping" that nobody needed it until now 😉

Starting a new topic with another issue I have...

Nicole,

OK, I am so glad that your webmap you are using is public this allowed me to see the issue with the popups and figure out that I have the popups working for MapServer layers but not individual FeatureLayers coming from FeatureServer urls. Here is the fix I would like you to try:

In the Widget.js file find line 1197 through 1211 with this code:

//now setup the infoTemplate

//check if this layer is part of map and if it has a popup defined already

if(!this.config.disablePopups){

array.forEach(this.operLayerInfos.getLayerInfoArray(), function(layerInfo2) {

//console.info(layerInfo);

if(layerInfo2.layerObject && layerInfo2.layerObject.url === layerInfo._origServiceURL || layerInfo2.layerObject.url === layerInfo._origLayerURL){

//console.info(layerInfo2);

if(layerInfo2.controlPopupInfo.hasOwnProperty("infoTemplates")){

if(layerInfo2.controlPopupInfo.infoTemplates[layerInfo.id]){

resultLayer.infoTemplate = layerInfo2.controlPopupInfo.infoTemplates[layerInfo.id].infoTemplate;

resultLayer._hasInfoTemplate = true;

}else{

resultLayer._hasInfoTemplate = false;

}

}else{

resultLayer.infoTemplate = layerInfo2.controlPopupInfo.infoTemplate;

}

}

}, this);

}

This should fix the using webmap popups for individual FeatureServer Layers. Let me know how it goes. If this works than your second issue is not an issue any more because you will not need to add the link at all if you have it in your webmaps popup.

I couldn't see a difference locally but I'm just uploading the latest version again, then we can see...

Nicole,

Make sure you are making this change to the specific apps Widget.js file. The one thing that throws people off intially is that they make changes to the [install dir]\client\stemapp\widgets\eSearch\Widget.js and then they do not see that change in their app. That is because when you create an app and add the widget it copies the widget from [install dir]\client\stemapp\widgets folder over to the [install dir]\server\apps\[app#]\widgets folder. That means you have to make the changes in the [install dir]\server\apps\[app#]\widgets\eSearch\Widget.js file.

Make sure you are making this change to the specific apps Widget.js file. The one thing that throws people off intially is that they make changes to the \client\stemapp\widgets\eSearch\Widget.js and then they do not see that change in their app. That is because when you create an app and add the widget it copies the widget from \client\stemapp\widgets folder over to the \server\apps\[app#]\widgets folder. That means you have to make the changes in the \server\apps\[app#]\widgets\eSearch\Widget.js file.

Thanks Robert, this hint was crucial! The string change worked with applying the change also to the file in the app folder.

Unfortunately I still get this error message after doing the change in the Widget.js file:

(I can’t log in on geonet at the moment so I hope you can see the image…)

Nicole,

Unfortunately not (no image visible). I used your web map and your eSearch config to setup a test app on my end and made the change I outlined above and was able to get the eSearch to use the webmaps popups. So your error is likely a syntax error but I would need to see it to help more.

Thanks. I didn't realize the configs were in a separate directory, so copying over new widgets and overwriting the old files does not affect the configs.

Hi Robert,

I finally got the new version eSearch widget to work!!

Its awesome! Great work…really good enhancements.

Cannot thank you enough!

I had to re-upgrade the WAB from 1.2 to 2.0. Upgrade all my apps one at a time and add the new widget to the app. It works!!

-Rupali

Unfortunately not (no image visible). I used your web map and your eSearch config to setup a test app on my end and made the change I outlined above and was able to get the eSearch to use the webmaps popups. So your error is likely a syntax error but I would need to see it to help more.

The message says:

create widget error: widgets/eSearch/Widget

And as can be expected the widget does not load.

I just uploaded the latest version of the app under www.nicoleueberschaer.de/minagri_2/<http://www.nicoleueberschaer.de/minagri_2/>

Thanks for having a look at it!

My eSearch, which used to work in 1.3, no longer does. Now I've made many changes including exporting the project, importing it, reinstalling the WABde, upgrading to 2.0, reinstalling portal, changing to https and upgrading the widgets.

What I notice is that I see all my old searches there that will not run, however, if I add a new search, the search layer does not go into the widget in the app preview (or launched app), even after I save it and restart. It's like the config is not being saved or something. If I create a new map, the widget appears to work correctly in it, so I'm not sure what is wrong. Can you help me restore my eSearch config from my original map?

Nick,

What is the path that is in the main config.json point to for the eSearch Config?

for example:

{

"position": {

"left": 55,

"top": 45,

"relativeTo": "map"

},

"placeholderIndex": 1,

"id": "_23",

"name": "eSearch",

"label": "Enhanced Search",

"version": "2.0.1.3",

"uri": "widgets/eSearch/Widget",

"config": "configs/eSearch/config_Enhanced Search.json",

"openAtStart": true

},

This is what I have in WebAppBuilderForArcGIS/server/apps/5/config.json. I'm not entirely sure if that's what you meant by the main config.json. :

name - same as yours

label - same

uri - same

config - same

index  = 2

id = widgets_eSearch_Widget_19

version - same

Robert,

Is there a way to get sum for multiple fields? If I have to alter the code to do it, is it easy enough to do with some javascript mid level skills?

-Rupali

Nick,

Are there any errors in your browsers web console when you try and save the newly added layer? You mention something about https was your old WAB version running http and this new one is using https?

Nicole,

This is the error I see in the browsers console. So it seems you have introduced a syntax error when you added the change I provided

Widget.js:1241 Uncaught SyntaxError: Unexpected token ,

Looking at your edited Widget.js you have lost the whole rest of the _createSearchResultLayer function after the new part I wanted you to replace.

Here is the whole updated function. maybe that will be easier:

_createSearchResultLayer: function (layerIndex) {

var resultLayer = null;

var layerConfig = this.config.layers[layerIndex];

if (layerConfig.shareResult) {

//new a feature layer

var layerInfo = lang.clone(this.resultLayers[layerIndex]);

//only keep necessary fields

var necessaryFieldNames = this._getOutputFields(layerIndex);

layerInfo.fields = array.filter(layerInfo.fields, lang.hitch(this, function (fieldInfo) {

return necessaryFieldNames.indexOf(fieldInfo.name) >= 0;

}));

/*Adjust field aliases to those configured in the json*/

array.map(layerInfo.fields, lang.hitch(this, function (fieldInfo){

if(necessaryFieldNames.indexOf(fieldInfo.name) >= 0){

var cnfgFldObj = this._getConfigFieldObject(fieldInfo.name, layerIndex);

if(cnfgFldObj && cnfgFldObj.alias !== fieldInfo.alias){

fieldInfo.alias = cnfgFldObj.alias;

}

}

}));

var featureCollection = {

layerDefinition: layerInfo,

featureSet: null

};

resultLayer = new FeatureLayer(featureCollection);

//now setup the infoTemplate

//check if this layer is part of map and if it has a popup defined already

if(!this.config.disablePopups){

array.forEach(this.operLayerInfos.getLayerInfoArray(), function(layerInfo2) {

//console.info(layerInfo);

if(layerInfo2.layerObject && layerInfo2.layerObject.url === layerInfo._origServiceURL || layerInfo2.layerObject.url === layerInfo._origLayerURL){

//console.info(layerInfo2);

if(layerInfo2.controlPopupInfo.hasOwnProperty("infoTemplates")){

if(layerInfo2.controlPopupInfo.infoTemplates[layerInfo.id]){

resultLayer.infoTemplate = layerInfo2.controlPopupInfo.infoTemplates[layerInfo.id].infoTemplate;

}else{

}

}else{

resultLayer.infoTemplate = layerInfo2.controlPopupInfo.infoTemplate;

}

}

}, this);

}

} else {

//use graphics layer

this._resetAndAddTempResultLayer();

resultLayer = this.tempResultLayer;

}

return resultLayer;

},

Rupali,

As you are asking about a change to the widget and not about a bug or how to use the widget as it is developed you will need to start a new thread and I may be able to walk you through where to look in the code.

https://community.esri.com/discussion/create.jspa?suppressMarkQuestion=true&question=true&containerT...

Thanks Robert! I also just figured out that I deleted the else clause of the if statement…

Now it’s working! Thank you so much!

When I try to make an edit by adding fields, I get an "Unable to set property 'fieldInfo' of undefined or null reference, line 766, column 9... file: SingleSearchEdit.js

Oh, and yes, the old one was running http and https, and I had some mixed content issues, so the new one is full https now.

Since I don't get these issues in a new map, I could just rebuild everything, but I'd like to keep all that config if I can because it took time to set up. I also see that when I create a new map for testing and add one layer in eSearch, it works as intended, but I do get errors on the map nonetheless:

SCRIPT5007: Unable to set property 'fieldinfo' of undefined or null reference. File: SingleSearchEdit.js Line:766, column 9. (same error)

and also:

SCRIPT16389: Unspecified error. File: about:blank, Line: 1, column 1.  (I get 2 of these).

SCRIPT16389: Unspecified error. File:5, line 1, column 1. ( I also get 2 of these).

Nick,

That sounds like it is having trouble access the layer. What about my https portion of my last post?

One more issue with my popups now:

It’s a very strange behavior…

Although the popups are now showing (on the first sight) as the ones defined in the web map, there is a small but fine difference: The result popup does not show all attribute values while the normal popup does. You can see that behavior (hopefully) when you select for example all parcels bigger than 300 hectare, then click on one of the results from the list and then examine the popup: The sqm and acre size values are missing. When you click now with the mouse on this parcel you get first the selections operational layer info, then probably a district and then the one from the parcel itself – there you will see the sizes in sqm and acre.

And another funny thing: When I disable the operational layer, then the default popups come again, not the ones from the web map when clicking on the result list.

Nicole,

If your search configuration for that layer does not return those fields then the popup will not have access to the data. Make sure you have added all field that are used by your web maps popup.

The web maps popups are currently only supported when using the layer as an operational layer.

Thanks a lot Robert! I didn’t think that far that the values still have to be retrieved to be shown…

You are really a great support!

Robert,

I hate to bother you again but I still can not select a point feature by shape or text using eSearch 2.0.1.3.

I receive the same error for any point feature. It can not find the Layer id of a point feature.

Version 1.3.0.2 works perfect. I did not change anything in the config file from 1.3.0.2

This is the error:

widget [widgets/eSearch/Widget] created.

Load widgetOnScreen: 4831.927ms

Object

Object

Object

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property '7' of null

Thanks Again

Richard

Rich,

Have you tried making a new app using the same layers in the eSearch to see if it is just a configuration issue. As you can see on my Live Preview Site searching point is not a problem.

I did look at the live site, but you cannot select a point feature by shape or by text on the live site.

The problem is that I changed nothing in the config file.

Rich,

There must be some miscommunication here them. When the Live Preview Site pulls up the Traffic Camera layers (a point layer) are searched by value and the results display. I can also select the Traffic Cameras by Shape. There are things that have been updated in the widget and config from 1.3 to 2.0 so the fact that you have not changed anything in the config is not a guarantee that it should work without issue.

Is there not a line number or file reference that show with the error you posted above?

Hi Robert, our client is already very happy with his application! 🙂

I still have some more issues, sorry:

- I have about 50 attributes for which I would like to show the values for in my popup. But unfortunately the "include all" button doesn't seem to do anything, instead I have to select each attribute separately and click "include". Is there a limit for attributes that can be included?

- What is the "Export Search URL" supposed to do?

Nicole,

No there is no limit.

The Export Search Url is described in the help doc here:

Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | Help - Enhanced Search widget | export search url

Why is the "Include all" button not doing anything then?

Thanks for the link to the help - I couldn't find it anymore. I was already guessing that it's only working when the app in online.

Robert,

Adam Drackley found the issue…He has been an amazing amount of help in finding my issues.

This is what he found.

Just seems a little weird to require a popup for Point features only?.....

Thanks again for the eSearch Widget. Great job……..

Richard Bell

For the eSearch widget to work properly, a popup template for that particular layer needs to be defined. If you define a popup for your Survey Images layer using the LocalLayer widget, for instance, it will ensure that your fields are exposed, and the eSearch widget will display the fields properly as part of its output.

For example, try changing the configs\LocalLayer\config_localLayer.json entry for SURVEY DATA from this:

{

"type": "Dynamic",

"name": "SURVEY DATA",

"url": "http://gisapp.mahoningcountyoh.gov/ArcGIS/rest/services/PUBLIC_WEBSITE_SURVEY/MapServer",

"opacity": 0.99,

"visible": false,

"imageformat": "png32",

"imagedpi": 96,

"disableclientcaching": false,

"minScale": "",

"maxScale": "",

"hidelayers": "",

"definitionQueries": "{}"

},

To this:

{

"type": "Dynamic",

"name": "SURVEY DATA",

"url": "http://gisapp.mahoningcountyoh.gov/ArcGIS/rest/services/PUBLIC_WEBSITE_SURVEY/MapServer",

"opacity": 0.99,

"visible": false,

"imageformat": "png32",

"imagedpi": 96,

"disableclientcaching": false,

"minScale": "",

"maxScale": "",

"hidelayers": "",

"popup": {

"infoTemplates": [

{

"layerId": 1,

"title": "{STATION}",

"fieldInfos": [

{

"fieldName": "OBJECTID",

"label": "OBJECTID",

"visible": true

},

{

"fieldName": "STATION",

"label": "STATION",

},

{

"fieldName": "FTR_CODE",

"label": "FTR_CODE",

},

{

"fieldName": "NORTHING",

"label": "NORTHING",

},

{

"fieldName": "EASTING",

"label": "EASTING",

},

{

"fieldName": "SOURCE",

"label": "SOURCE",

},

{

"fieldName": "ELEV",

"label": "ELEV",

},

{

"fieldName": "POLYGONID",

"label": "POLYGONID",

},

{

"fieldName": "SCALE",

"label": "SCALE",

},

{

"fieldName": "ANGLE",

"label": "ANGLE",

}

],

"showAttachments": false

}

]

},

"definitionQueries": "{}"

},

And try using the eSearch widget to search on the Survey Images layer. In my experience, it worked properly. Having popups configured for participating layers appears to be a prerequisite of the eSearch widget, but I'll make sure that this is mentioned in the LocalLayer Readme.md as well.

Rich,

I have to say that if having a popup defined for a point layer to work in the eSearch was necessary this is news to the widgets developer!

I took the url provided above and layer 7 survey image to a eSearch widget on my end and searching by value and by shape worked fine. No popup needed and no local layer widget involved. So this lends to more questions... What is it about your configuration that is blocking the eSearch from working for points when no one else has reported this issue?

Then I tested with adding the whole map service to the app using the LL widget and did not define popups and the survey image layer that I configured with the eSearch still worked fine (which I expected as the eSearch does not need the layer to be added to the map to work).

Nicole,

It is probably doing what it is suppose to and you are just not noticing the difference. Try removing all the fields and then clicking the include all button.

Nick,

Are you seeing these errors in the WAB command prompt window or the browsers web console?

You were right, sorry!

Man I just don’t know the answer to that.

If you remember a while back I had an issue with the eSearch results in the attribute table freezing up.

Adam resolved this issue with the new version of the Local Layer 2.0

Prior to that we hacked of this line of code

LayerInfos.js

_onTableChange: function(tableInfos, changedType) {

//this.emit('tableInfosChanged', tableInfos, changedType);

},

That work in the interim, he made a change in the Local Layer 2.0 and then I uncommented the hack.

The problem may be all in the Local Layer Widget????

You may at a look at all my code to tract down the issues if you want. I have a feeling as both widgets evolve more issues will arise.

Not sure how much you guys talk but a solid integration of the two widgets is a very good Idea?? Both great products!

This is the location of the same version that Adam was using to research my problem.

http://gisapp.mahoningcountyoh.gov/Public_FTP_Folder/Misc/

MAHGISTEST.zip

The browser console. IE, which I'm forced to work with for now as Firefox and Chrome aren't working with my WABde. I found what causes the issue and it is repeatable... checking the box for "Add Result as Operational Layer".

I'm also getting warnings in the web console when some searches are done: "Observable store detected, but no sort order specified. You may experience quirks when adding/updating items. These can be resolved by setting a sort order on the list or grid.

I'm also getting some errors after I uncheck the box, but they are not consistent in all searches. One is

CancelError: Request canceled

{

[functions]: ,

__proto__: { },

description: "Request canceled",

dojoType: "cancel",

log: undefined,

name: "CancelError",

response: { },

responseText: undefined,

stack: undefined,

xhr: { }

}

Observable store detected, but no sort order specified. You may experience quirks when adding/updating items.  These can be resolved by setting a sort order on the list or grid.

Observable store detected, but no sort order specified. You may experience quirks when adding/updating items.  These can be resolved by setting a sort order on the list or grid.

Another I'll get on a few searches after clicking on a result that comes up is:

TypeError: Object doesn't support property or method 'apply' TypeError: Object doesn't support property or method 'apply'

at Anonymous function (https://js.arcgis.com/3.16/init.js:167:287)

at c (https://js.arcgis.com/3.16/init.js:66:215)

at then (https://js.arcgis.com/3.16/init.js:68:301)

at _selectResultItem (https://snew-gis.norwalk2ndwater.com:3344/webappbuilder/apps/9/widgets/eSearch/Widget.js:2999:15)

at Anonymous function (https://js.arcgis.com/3.16/init.js:167:229)

at h (https://js.arcgis.com/3.16/init.js:234:119)

at k.emit (https://js.arcgis.com/3.16/init.js:210:234)

at k.emit (https://js.arcgis.com/3.16/init.js:211:289)

at e.prototype.emit (https://js.arcgis.com/3.16/init.js:173:330)

at _onClick (https://snew-gis.norwalk2ndwater.com:3344/webappbuilder/apps/9/widgets/eSearch/List.js:252:9)

{

[functions]: ,

__proto__: { },

description: "Object doesn't support property or method 'apply'",

message: "Object doesn't support property or method 'apply'",

name: "TypeError",

number: -2146827850,

stack: "TypeError: Object doesn't support property or method 'apply'

at _selectResultItem (https://snew-gis.norwalk2ndwater.com:3344/webappbuilder/apps/9/widgets/eSearch/Widget.js:2999:15)

at _onClick (https://snew-gis.norwalk2ndwater.com:3344/webappbuilder/apps/9/widgets/eSearch/List.js:252:9)"

}

"TypeError: Object doesn't support property or method 'apply'

at _onClick (https://snew-gis.norwalk2ndwater.com:3344/webappbuilder/apps/9/widgets/eSearch/List.js:252:9)"

I have no idea if these are related or not or where to go next.

My hyperlinks also do not work, even if I uncheck that box. I don't know if that's related or not. The tooltip comes up correctly, but I get a "This page can't be displayed" error. Make sure the web address //ieframe.dll/dnserror.htm# is correct. The url box shows "javascript:void(0);" in it. The identical hyperlink text works fine in the Identify widget.

Nick,

I am at a loss on how to help you. My recommendation is what you don't want to hear. Start over from scratch. I think all this has to do with the move from http to https.

I actually just did start from scratch; this is all brand new this week after I had the initial errors. Portal, WABde and the web adaptor were just reinstalled last week, too. When recreating everything, I have the same issues. All the other widgets work OK (with minor exceptions), except for eSearch.

Nick,

So you are saying that you did not start with the same old eSearch Config? You added all your search layer again using the UI?

Yes. I manually redid the entire map with all the widgets, and did not copy-paste anything. I still have the old map and used it for reference to see what I did earlier, but none of the files were reused.

Robert,

I am facing a problem while trying to use your widget.

I am using WebAppBuilder2.0 for ArcGIS. When I try to bring the Enhanced Search Widget on my application this is the error I am getting:

load widget resource error.png

Can you please tell me the necessary action I must take ?

Enhanced Search Widget Version 2.0.1.2

Minusma,

When you downloaded the zip file from this page did you extract the "eSearch" folder (not just it contents) from the zip and add it to the stemapp widget folder (not changing the name of the folder from eSearch)?

By the way, I'm not using a proxy. Esri told me I didn't need one. I read the Tapas Das article on setting everything up, and the proxy info was online for ArcGIS Online; I use Portal. And it's really unclear whether that will help me or not.

Version history
Last update:
‎11-22-2022 07:31 AM
Updated by: