bookmark thumbnail missing

Jump to solution
02-27-2017 08:23 AM
GregRieck
Occasional Contributor III

Hello,

I've added the bookmark widget to my WAB but when I create a bookmark no image is attached to the bookmark. Shouldn't it take a screen shot of the bookmarked area as the thumbnail? There is no option that I've found that allows you to browse to an image and assign it to the bookmark. When I create a new bookmark I can only provide a name for it, no image. Clicking the thumbnail icon only activates the bookmark and zooms to the area of interest. What am I missing? 

WAB 2.2 Jewerly Box theme.

Greg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
5 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Greg,

No the widget does not automatically take a screenshot of the bookmark area. There is a default thumbnail image that is shown when adding a new bookmark using the widgets setting dialog and when you click on that default thumbnail you can browse for an image to use for the bookmark.

0 Kudos
GregRieck

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the quick response. I'm seeing the default image, that's okay. When I click on the image it just moves to the area of interest. 

Here is my workflow:

When I open  WAB and go to advanced configuration then edit the bookmark widget then click add bookmark I do get an option to add an image. However, what I'm looking for is that same functionality in the live site. While still in WAB if I click "Launch" and go to bookmarks I have an option to enter a title of the bookmark and then click the "+" sign to create the bookmark. There is no option to attach an image. Clicking on the default image does nothing except move to the area of interest. Obviously the users of this site won't be going through the WAB editing options to attach an image to a bookmark. How can I get the bookmark widget in a live site to behave like the widget in WAB editing options does?

Greg

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Greg,

The ability to assign a thumbnail is only available during widget setup and not at runtime.

0 Kudos
GregRieck

That is so stupid. So what if a user of the site wants to attach an image to the bookmark they need to ask the developer to attach an image to the bookmark? It would almost be better to display the name of the bookmark with NO image.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos