Deploying Web Appbuilder app

06-13-2017 08:28 AM
Mehretab
Occasional Contributor II
I have been developing an app from the developer edition of web appbuilder and deployed it in our Web server (Tomcat) it seems to work with out any problem from our organizations intranet and internet infrastracture. But when we tried it at home from our own machine it appears to hang forever with the blue sreen (loading screen). Here are the error report from the console of chrome and Firefox.
From Chrome (2 error report)
Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of statisticsUtils.js 403 (Forbidden)
js.arcgis.com/3.20/init.js:3Error: scriptError at f (js.arcgis.com/3.20/init.js:10) at HTMLScriptElement.<anonymous> (js.arcgis.com/3.20/init.js:35)
from Firefox
Status Code 403 Forbiden
It complains  about the statisticsUtil.js file and this javascript file resides in the Jimu.js folder and it deals with query and filtering a layer (from my understanding), this file is the only file which can not be opened from the browser and it throws this error message (403 Forbidden: You don't have permission to access /...../..../jimu.js/statisticsUtils.js on this server). Any idea Robert Scheitlin, GISP and any body that have an idea what did I do wrong in the process of deploying the app.
Thanks in advance
0 Kudos
18 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brian,

That is really strange and uncommon that you have to manually do that. I have never had to.

0 Kudos
BrianCollins
Occasional Contributor

Not sure what to make of the root cause, but that's our workaround. I just tested and confirmed that it occurs in all our apps, including newly created ones after we upgraded to 2.4 and it does. At any rate, that's our fix and we'll stick to it. I suppose I could fix the root env.js file in the stemapp directory to save time modifying each new app in the future.

0 Kudos
Mehretab
Occasional Contributor II

Thanks again Robert Scheitlin, GISP, Rebecca Strauch, GISP and Brian Collins sorry for not replaying on time, I was out of office. I tried as Brain suggested and it didn't workout for me and I also deployed an app created in WAB 2.2 to see if the isue is only in 2.4, but the issue seems identical. Here is the  link to the web site so that you can have a firt hand impression to the Error messages. Thanks again.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mehretab,

Try and copy the statisticsUtils.js from your WAB dev stem app folder and replace the one in your websites jimu.js folder with it and test again. It could be that the file got corrupted somehow.

0 Kudos
BPriyaK
New Contributor III

Hello,

Im experiencing the same issue ,when I try to bring in a custom widget from web app builder 2.7 into Portal 10.5

and the error looks like this

Error: scriptError
 at f (init.js:10)
 at HTMLScriptElement.<anonymous> (init.js:35)

This is the error message , Would anybody that may have faced this issue let me know a solution or work around.

We are using Windows IIS 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

BPriya,

Portal 10.5 is WAB Version 2.4 (I think) so you will have a problem using a 2.7 WAB custom widget that is using djits and components that might not have existed in WAB 2.4.

0 Kudos
BPriyaK
New Contributor III

I was able to bring in the Public notification widget ,but unable to being in the screaming widget ,Any idea why or how  It worked the first time 

Also ,curious to know if there is way to update the version from 2.4 on portal 10.5.1

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

BPriya,

No it is not possible to update Portal to a different version of WAB. This would void all support by esri. The screening widget is just not compatible with your version of WAB. Portal 10.6.1 is out now in the US so you should upgrade as soon as possible.

0 Kudos
BPriyaK
New Contributor III

Hello Robert,

Thanks for the quick reply ,As it turns out that 2.8 will not work for 10.5.1 ,we will have to wait until our organization decides to upgrade.

0 Kudos