Edit Widget not working on mobile phones

11-13-2014 11:07 AM
BrendanWalashek
New Contributor III

Hi, I have use WebApp Builder (WAB) to build an application to add point utilizing the EDIT Widget.  The edit widget works fine on a Windows based web browser, and I'm able to select the widget, choose the feature to add, click on the map, which then invokes the Attribute Editor popup window.

Now when I use the App on ANY mobile phone (Android, iPhone, Windows Phone), everything works fine until you drop the point, then the Attribute Popup does NOT show up - instead, just the 'identify' window shows up with all attributes 'blank' as I never had the chance to add any!  Is there something I'm missing here?  Fully functional on running the exact same WebApp in a browser on Desktop form factor, but any mobile device, no ability to add attributes on new points, nor on existing ones!  Ideas?  Anyone have it actually working??

0 Kudos
12 Replies
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

What service are you using to edit? In the feature service properties check mobile data access. in the Mobile data access tab ensure that Uploads is checked.

mobilefeatureaccess.PNG

0 Kudos
BrendanWalashek
New Contributor III

I've registered a Feature Service with ArcGIS Online in "My Content".  It works fine in every other platform except smartphones due to lack of space I'm assuming.  I tried the above (enabling Mobile Data Access) in the capabilities, but the WebMap and hence Web AppBuilder require the Feature Service REST URL, not the MobileServer URL.  So no luck.  Does anyone have it working on a phone???

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I just created a webapp using WAB:

ArcGIS Web Application

I can create a point on my ipad but not my phone at the moment. The trees in the bookmark test area were created from my ipad.

I am using a FeatureServer not mobile.

0 Kudos
BrendanWalashek
New Contributor III

Yup, I can do exactly the same thing, although I CAN in fact add a point on my phone as well once you launch the EDIT Widget (only visible in Landscape mode on the phone), choose the feature, then click on the Edit Widget Header to minimize, then click on the map to add the point.  And that is as far as the EDIT Widget gets....it adds the point, and then does not allow you to attribute it.  Nor can you EDIT attributes of existing features.  And yes, I can do both without issue on the iPAD as well.

So you are stuck at the same point.

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

It is not functional for phones yet (in my experience). Have you tried Arcgis Collector? I am not sure what you want to edit or who is doing the editing. Right now we use collector. A custom webapp would be better for phones at this point if you do not like collector.

Collector for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

I use this for some of my custom webapps.

CMV - Configurable Map Viewer

0 Kudos
BrendanWalashek
New Contributor III

Yes, I am looking at ArcGIS Editor, but our company uses Windows Phones, and there is not Collector for Windows Phones YET (they are saying Spring 2015).  So we may go the Collector Route.

I have an Open Case with ESRI Redlands about the mobile phone issue....so we'll see what they say.  Will post here.

I will have a look at CMV....looks interesting for sure!

Thanks for the help!

0 Kudos
RickeyFight
MVP Regular Contributor

I do not have a windows phone so I cannot install this but what about:

http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/store/app/arcgis/7cb003be-990a-e011-9264-00237de2db9e

Is this what you have?

0 Kudos
BrendanWalashek
New Contributor III

Tried this - it's getting old in the tooth...I think it's at least 2 years old now with minor updates.  It does work, but is limiting and slow.  And not configurable like Web AppBuilder is "supposed" to be.

0 Kudos
BrendanWalashek
New Contributor III

Web AppBuilder is great for quick deployments on ANY device....but the problem is the damn EDIT Widget doesn't work on phones yet.  Oh well.  Hopefully when it's officially released with ArcGIS Server 10.3 in another month or so....maybe it'll work!

It is Beta after all.

So for NON-Editing it is quite nice.

0 Kudos