Identify Widget - doesn't work

04-05-2016 07:00 AM
Labels (1)
LianaSmith
Occasional Contributor II

I added Robert's custom Identify widget. When I am trying to open and configure widget at my Web App Builder Developer Edition I get the window with loading screen. How can I fix it?? Thanks!

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Diana,

What version of WAB and what version of the Identify widget are you using?

0 Kudos
LianaSmith

Robert,

Identify Widget Version 1.3.0.1

WAB- 1.3

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Diana,

Can you check the manifest.json file for the Identify widget to ensure the version number of the widget. I have not had any one reporting this issue. Also a screen shot of your browsers web console showing the error will help.

0 Kudos
LianaSmith

Robert,

Web Console doesn't show any error...

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Diana,

Well, that make no sense then. Are you checking your browsers web console when the widgets settings page is open and the progress bar is just sitting there?

0 Kudos
LianaSmith

Robert,

I tried to open the Application through Chrome Browser and the widget works.. That's weird, because all your other custom widgets worked excellent on Internet Explorer.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Diana,

I will test in IE and see if I can duplicate your issue.

0 Kudos
LianaSmith

Thanks, Robert. For me it's not a problem to work on Chrome for this application.

0 Kudos
RonHire
New Contributor

I also had this issue with both IE and Chrome with the Identify tool. The IE console did not display an error message, but chrome did. What I was able to determine was when I upgraded to WAB 2.0, I was missing a file (LayerFieldChooser.js) at the location shown below. I checked my WAB 1.3 and it also did not have this file, I had to go to WAB 1.2 to find it. I copied it into WAB 2.0 and all seems to be working fine.

/webappbuilder/stemapp/jimu.js/dijit/LayerFieldChooser.js 404 (Not Found).

0 Kudos