Onscreen Widget Customization for Cellular

Jump to solution
10-03-2017 10:23 AM
BrandonPrice
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I would like to change the onscreen widgets for the mobile only. The desktop version has a bookmark and a near me widget. I would like to remove the near me entirely and then reduce the icon size and placement of the bookmark widget. I am using the tabbed theme. Is this easy to do?

Thanks,
Brandon

https://community.esri.com/groups/web-appbuilder-custom-themes?sr=search&searchId=bf141f67-89d3-4e25...‌, https://community.esri.com/community/gis/web-gis/web-appbuilder‌, /blogs/myAlaskaGIS/2016/03/09/web-appbuilder-developer-edition-customization-resource-list

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

It does work. I use this all the time.

View solution in original post

34 Replies
BrandonPrice
Occasional Contributor

I also forgot to add that the desktop version has the bookmark widget openAtStart. Is that possible to take off for the mobile?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brandon,

In the apps main config.json there is a mobileLayout object which allows you to change the widgets visible when in mobile and there properties like openAtStart

BrandonPrice
Occasional Contributor

That’s what I went to before I posted this question. The placeholders stayed the same. Is it suppose to work?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

It does work. I use this all the time.

BrandonPrice
Occasional Contributor

I believe the problem was that I added the widgets manually after the script was downloaded. Do you know a proper procedure for this? I stuck the downloaded widget folders in the configs and widgets folders and then it reflected okay in the desktop but not for the mobile.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hmm.. I have not been down that road before. Is the widget listed in the mobilelayout portion of the config.json?

0 Kudos
BrandonPrice
Occasional Contributor

What looks like the placeholders for the onscreen widgets in the mobile part of the config.json have no name. Is this the way it’s suppose to be? I have attached both the mobile and desktop parts of the config.json.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Brandon,

Unless you made some code changes to the app after you downloaded it to the web server it would be much easier to do all your configuration in WAB and download it again to your web server.

0 Kudos
BrandonPrice
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

Unfortunately that is the case. I haven’t found anything yet. The desktop version works properly after I manually added the widgets. The mobile ones work ok but I can’t customize them like the desktop one.

Brandon

0 Kudos