Possible to Make title frame longer for Launch Pad Theme?

04-11-2016 10:09 AM
JakeCliffton
New Contributor III

I need to adjust the black frame width (as the following) to make it longer so that our title text can fully display? Is this possible? I have checked the theme folder and css, but did not get anything. Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jake,

Couple of questions:

1. That looks like the LaunchPad theme. Is that the theme you are talking about?
  2. What is your apps name exactly?
JakeCliffton
New Contributor III

Yes, Launch Pad. Sorry! The name is going to be a very long one, like 5-7 words, not confirmed yet.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jake,

The header widget in the launch pad theme controls what is displayed based on available screen space inside the Widget.js resize function. It reserves 250px on the right side of the screen for the onscreen widget icons and then does many more calculations to determine what it can display based on available space. You can adjust this function if necessary (I would start with changing the offsetRight)  or just change some configuration settings like remove the search widget if not needed, change the default theme layout from default 1 to style 2, that places the onscreen widgets to the right of the header vertically instead of horizontally, remove links from the header if not necessary.

The thing to consider is that when viewing the app in WAB you have the builder app taking up a lot of screen space on the left so check the app by clicking launch so that you get the full screen real estate for testing.

JakeCliffton
New Contributor III