Roberts Custom WAB Widgets

12-31-2014 11:28 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
475 Replies
SherieTaylor
New Contributor III

Is this something I download? I am new to the web app builder and do not have that widget.

Sherie Taylor | GIS Analyst

Riley County - Information Technology/GIS

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sherie,

Oh, I assumed that because you were posting to my custom widgets thread you were talking about my eSearch widget. Yes you can download the eSearch widget using the link on the original thread post.

0 Kudos
SherieTaylor
New Contributor III

I’ve just been skipping around trying to find a way to create a drop down list so not sure how to go about downloading this.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
0 Kudos
SherieTaylor
New Contributor III

Thanks for the help. I’ll see if I can give it a whirl tomorrow!

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Robert Scheitlin, GISP​  I have might have come across a serious conflict between eSearch and Identify:

1. First, select something with eSearch (in my case, by selecting graphically).

2. Attempt to Identify. it will fail. It hangs indefinitely with the progress bar spinning. In console it says "Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'indexOf' of null" -- in line 753 Widget.js. I even noticed this when I told Identify to only identify on a single layer. It also happens with All Layers.

I believe this is because of the new temporary "Search Results" layer that the eSearch creates.   As evidence, I noticed that as soon as I removed the Search Results layer, Identify started working again perfectly, immediately. I had to use the "Remove from Current Results" feature of eSearch to remove the one parcel I'd selected. (Closing the layer in the Attrib table did not do the trick, only removing via Remove from Selection).  Once I'd removed the eSearch's "Search Results" layer in this manner, just as I said, Identify again worked perfectly.

So, is there some way to de-conflict Identify and eSearch, or will this involve you coding this issue into a future update? Anyone else see this? I have the latest version of each widget in WAB 1.2 and was using Chrome for this test. I will be glad to be of service for testing any updates or workflows Robert!

I love eSearch's graphical selection feature. It is extremely powerful and robust. Outstanding.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kevin,

Yes this is a known issue that is fixed for the 1.2.0.4 release of Identify widget coming soon.

by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Robert Scheitlin, GISP​ thanks for the fast reply!  Great to hear. This is just a great set of widgets. Our municipal users will really be empowered I think by your eSearch, Identify and Streetview, and soon even on sites in the field via mobile devices hopefully. Thank you.

0 Kudos
MarcialCarbajosa
New Contributor II

Thank you very much, you are great!!!!

0 Kudos
MikkelHylden
Occasional Contributor

Robert,

I love all the widgets, and they are very helpful.  I'm having issues, however, with running any of them on my local webappviewer that contain Dojo/Dijit modules.  Do you have any suggestions on what may be causing that?  I've tried unsuccessfully adding script tags at the top of the Widget.html files to force load dojo:

<script>dojoConfig = {parseOnLoad: false}</script>

<script src='http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.9/_static/js/dojo/dojo.js'></script>

In trying to step through the js in developer mode, it jumps right over the define statement at the top of Widget.js, so nothing within it executes.  If i put a basic dijit combo box in a regular HTML page that runs through my IIS, it will load as expected.  It appear to have problems only within my WAB instance. 

Thanks,

Mikkel

0 Kudos