Roberts Custom WAB Widgets

12-31-2014 11:28 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
475 Replies
MatthewCieri
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

I hope I didn't miss this but is there a way to upgrade a widget without having to reconfigure everything.  I have tried a few times to take a web app builder 1.3 and import it to 2.0 but it fails everytime. I am thinking this may be a widget issue.

Also if i just overwrite the widget all the setting get overwritten also.

Thanks,
Matt

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mathew,

When moving to a new major release it is important to get the new corresponding version of the custom widget as there is normally breaking changes when moving to a new major release. You can copy your widget configuration files from the 1.3 version and paste them into your new 2.0 version of WAB though. So if upgrading fails for you then your option is to create a new app in 2.0 and add the custom widgets back in (the new 2.0 versions) and do not configure anything (just except the default) and save this new app. Then copy the 1.3 version of the config for that widget from the old 1.3 app (i.e. [install dir]\server\[app#]\configs\[widget name]\*.json) to the new apps confis folder.

0 Kudos
MatthewCieri
Occasional Contributor

Thanks,

I actually got 2 of them to finally import. It had to to with the zip appliction we use here. I just rezipped the website using winzip and it loaded fine. My next step to update your widgets.

Thanks,

Matt

0 Kudos
MatthewCieri
Occasional Contributor

So if you copy the 1.3 version of the configs should we change the version in manifest.json to 2.0.1.1 and 2.0.1 respectively so that when we alt click everything lines up?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Matthew,

Copying the configs from 1.3 will not have an effect on the manifest.json as that is in the widgets folder and not the configs folder and should display 2.0.1 or 2.0.1.1 based on the fact that you are using the 2.0.1 or 2.0.1.1 version of the widget.

0 Kudos
MatthewCieri
Occasional Contributor

Sorry dumb moment. I misread your post and over wrote the the widgets json files.

My final process was:

1. Import 1.3 WAB site to WAB 2.0

2. Made a copy of it from the interface

3. Updated the copy with the custom widgets by overwriting the old widgets

I actually didn't have to do anything with the configs they were still there from the copy over.

Thanks again!

ErnestoCarreras3
Occasional Contributor

Hi Robert,

Thanks for all these cool widgets!! Are there any plans in enhancing the Google Street View widget so that it displays the data on the map?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ernesto,

No, as based on my understanding of the terms of use that would be a violation.

0 Kudos
ErnestoCarreras3
Occasional Contributor

bummer ... still it is a great widget and my fellow coworkers (aka, GIS users) will be excited with this new addition in their apps

0 Kudos
RichBell
Occasional Contributor

Robert

Would you know how to make a panel widget movable that IS NOT part of a panel group?

I was able to add the fold-up, fold-down capability to non-grouped widgets but unable to make them move.

Widgets within in a group do move, but they do not move when they are ungrouped.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank You.

Richard

0 Kudos