MVP Emeritus
475 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Sure it is. You can use dropbox, fileshare, github, etc

0 Kudos
DianeWhited
New Contributor

Thanks again Robert.  Uploaded some csv files on github.  The add data csv upload fails on me everytime.  Going to call it a night and start fresh tomorrow.

0 Kudos
DianeWhited
New Contributor

Hi Robert,

I decided to just write a python script that would upload a csv file and convert it to a point feature.  I successfully created a gp tool and uploaded it as a geoprocessing service.  However the option to "add result as an operational layer"  is greyed out.  I have tired changing the output parameter from feature class to feature set, but still the operational layer is greyed out.

Here is a link to the GP service info.  http://flbs-rap1.flbs.umt.edu:6080/arcgis/rest/services/GPs/addcsv/GPServer

I need to use these results in other tools.

Thanks for any info or help.

Diane

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Diane,

Does your GP produce an objectId field in the returned results?

0 Kudos
DianeWhited
New Contributor

Robert,

Yes when I run the GP tool on the desktop the output result (point feature class) has an objectid field.

Diane

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Hmm. Not sure then.

0 Kudos
DianeWhited
New Contributor

Robert,

FYI - if I wrap my script tool in model builder and then output that to a GP service - it will then allow a selection to output as an operational layer.  Strange, but hey it works!

Now for a new issue, if you don't mind.  I am trying to have a tool where the user will select which fields of a feature set that would like to use.  I have set my field parameter as a field type, with filter of field, and obtained from input feature set.  This works great in arcmap, but once I port it over to a GP service - the choice list is hard coded to ones I selected in arcmap.  Any trick to having the choice list being built dynamically from user selected feature set in WAB?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Diane

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Diane,

Sorry I hardly ever work with GP stuff.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Robert Scheitlin, GISP‌ wow you've hit out of the park!   I'm beginning to upgrade sites to WAB 2.1 along with your widgets and I can see your eSearch's ability to *Export to Feature Collection* is a game-changer for end users.  They already LOVE Jeremie Cornet‌'s eDraw -- because of the ability to draw a polgyon (let's say of "Project Area 1") and export, send to another user, they can modify, then send back.  Your widget now offers the ability to leverage EXISTING geometry, in other words, users can use your widget to select a few parcels, or a few street centerlines for example, then Export.  However, it would be incredible if they could export existing features, let's say parking lot, send to someone, then they can load it up and review it. So the feature stands by itself.

I immediately then looked for an "Upload" button in your widget. There is none. I'd highly suggest this, to implement this kind of two-way use.  However!!! The good news for all eSearch / eDraw users -- Jeremie Cornet‌'s eDraw can load your eSearch features.json featureset collection results, Robert!   Now, it does not bring back in symbology. I presume if you were to implement an Upload button, that would be included perhaps.  And eDraw does not bring back in attributes. It just shows weird 'bearings' as users will see.  I tested with the latest eDraw widget.  Although I noticed they are of course included in the FeatureCollection.json export file.  However even with these two considerations, it will still be immediately popular with our users across the city.  Or perhaps you two could collaborate??

Because the utlimate workflow would be true two-way:  User 1 selects a Parking Lot from your eSearch and exports it. User 2 then loads it (with eSearch or maybe eDraw) and modifies some geometry or attributes, then passes it back.  Currently Jeremie's eDraw does this but again the usefulness in eSearch somehow integrating into this concept is that it takes existing feature(s) geometry and attributes and even symbology allowing a second user to simply modify it a bit. It would massively scale up to save time of course with this concept as well.  Thoughts Robert and others? I know it's a tall order and perhaps more of a theoretical at this point but I couldn't help but think of this after discovering your eSearch results loaded so nicely into eDraw.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Kevin,

Can you elaborate on how you see the modified graphics being used back in the eSearch? Sure the workflow you described can be realized but what do you imagine the modified graphics would do?

0 Kudos