Roberts Custom WAB Widgets

12-31-2014 11:28 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
475 Replies
AndrewTerwiel
Occasional Contributor II

I have an extension in Firefox called Privacy Badger. When I disabled that it worked.

0 Kudos
IonutAlixandroae3
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

I noticed that you have created a customized search widget and I would like to ask you if it has the functionality described here: https://community.esri.com/thread/215333-query-widget-spatial-filter-to-filter-input-results-to-drop... , or, if not, if you have any ideas how to implement this?

Basically I need to be able to update the values from the drop downs (from the expresions) before clicking the 'Apply' button;

Thank you very much,

Ionut

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ionut,

No my eSearch widget does not work in the way you are looking for. The concept of what you are wanting is pretty straight forward though.

1. You perform the spatial on the layer using the drawn geometry.
  2. You loop through the results to populate the dropdown for your attribute query.
  3. When you apply the query/search only those values that intersect the drawn geometry will be queried.
0 Kudos
NicholasBarger
Occasional Contributor III

Good Afternoon Robert,

I have what I hope is a quick question.  When I use your eSearch widget on my phone and try to select one of your drop down menus it opens my keyboard on my phone.  Is there a way to disable this through the code?  Or... is this just a known problem with phones?

Ideally, when I setup a search to be unique values the user is not typing anything...rather they are just selecting.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Nick

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nick,

Sorry I do not have control from my code if the mobile device open the keyboard or not. The reason it does though is because I use a filtering select dropdown where you can start typing and the options in the dropdown are filtered to match what you type.

AdamGebhart
Occasional Contributor III

Yes

0 Kudos
WilliamCanady
New Contributor

Robert,

Is it possible to receive your v2.1 WAB widgets for Enhanced Bookmark and Enhanced Search?

0 Kudos
WilliamCanady
New Contributor

Thank you the help!

0 Kudos
DeanWilson
New Contributor III

Hey Robert, 

Love the widgets!  Currently I'm using the eSearch widget. When people are searching with the widget, it shows the shape drawn around whatever it is they've searched for (i.e. box around the parcel, and the like).  When they go to the print widget, though, of course once the esearch widget turns off, so does the drawing.  Am I missing some kind of config to keep the drawing on so when they print they can print with the selected parcel boxed?  Thanks!

0 Kudos