Search task that returns intersecting layers?

04-14-2016 08:02 AM
LeoLadefian4
Occasional Contributor

I'm looking for a search feature that allows you to search for an address (point, polygon) and the return results would return any intersecting layers.  Anything like that out there?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
19 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

So I added a FeatureLayer from my web map to the Search widgets sources and it worked fine for me (it showed the features popup).

0 Kudos
LeoLadefian4
Occasional Contributor

Gotcha, It doesnt seem to work with me for some reason.  I'm conducting a search using a feature layer (popup turned off) and the popup seems to come up and close itself out really quickly.

check it out here if you have a second:

search parcel ID : 15 175 04 013 in the search box

ArcGIS Web Application

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

When looking a the Network tab in Chrome dev tools you have some issue with the query that is being submitted.

http://gis.atlantaga.gov/dpcd/rest/services/Land/ParcelLayer/MapServer/0/query?f=json&where=UPPER(PI...

It is failing quite often! You need to look at your ArcGIS Server logs and see what the services issue is.

0 Kudos
LeoLadefian4
Occasional Contributor

Thanks Robert, I've been struggling with that service for a while trying to figure out the issue.  I've republished it several times.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

If you have the server resources then you can up the minimum and maximum instances for this service and make sure you have indexed all the fields that will be searched.

0 Kudos
LeoLadefian4
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the tip, I don't believe I've used indexing yet, is it a publishing tool?

0 Kudos
LeoLadefian4
Occasional Contributor

Thanks, I fixed the service error, indexed the fields (they are in a geodatabase) still can't get the popup on a feature service with the return popup turned off.

I tried parcel address search

68 mitchell st

I'm using local layer if that would have any effect

ArcGIS Web Application

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Leo,

Looking at the web console there are several more error occurring. I would test this out on a new app that only has the suggested code change and the search setup for just one layer.

0 Kudos
LeoLadefian5
Occasional Contributor II

Robert, I finally was able to get this working, however when testing on a mobile device it seems the popup won't complete on either a search or a click.  Do you think it's related to the Popup panel widget or the code change.  Thanks!

gis.atlantaga.gov/dpcdviewer

0 Kudos