URL widget (extent tracking...)

02-16-2015 04:18 PM
JeremieCornet1
Occasional Contributor II

Update (2015/09/25) :

- correction of conflict between WAB >= 1.1 and the widget on load (extent from URL params)

Now, the widget is fully compatible with WAB standard URL params.

Hi,

I made a widget to deal with URL parameters.

It tracks extent changes and put them in url.

Then the user can use his browser's return and forward buttons to go to previous or next extent.

Of course, if extent parameters are in url on map's loading, the map is centered.

The widget communicates with other widgets :

- listen to widgets "asking" to put parameters in url.

- send parameters changes to other widgets (when browser's return and forward buttons are used or when an other widget has asked to put parameters in url).

Github :

magis-nc/esri-webappbuilder-widget-url · GitHub

Last release :

Release Release v1.3.2 (debug) · magis-nc/esri-webappbuilder-widget-url · GitHub

And widget zip (release v1.3.2):

https://github.com/magis-nc/esri-webappbuilder-widget-url/archive/v1.3.2.zip

14 Replies
SowjanyaSunkara3
New Contributor III

I have a hosted Portal application( which has the Url widget) which works fine when launched as a standalone app.

But when the application is called from a link (sending Extent parameters through the URL), though the extent works fine , when the Home Button is clicked , the app zooms to a incorrect extent( too far from the original).

Is there a setting in the URL widget that controls this extent?

0 Kudos
JeremieCornet1
Occasional Contributor II

Sowjanya Sunkara

There is no settings in the widget to control that.

I cannot reproduce this bug.

With extent specified in the URL, WAB should use it as initial extent and so as extent for HomeButton (still WAB 1.1 / 1.2 in internal numerotation).

Could you tell me your WAB and Url's widget versions ?

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin
New Contributor III

Thanks for developing this. It is great to have the URL parameters auto load on every pan/zoom.

As of WAB 1.3:
People should be aware that the app state will not be saved if you use this Widget. Certain aspects of your app will not hit the cache (Layers on/off, widgets open or docked). See Documentation. In practical terms your users will not experience a consistent app state from day to day.

0 Kudos
PhilLarkin
New Contributor III

Folks should also know that @ 2.0 this app conflicts with the new App State functionality. Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS | ArcGIS

0 Kudos
MarkétaHolá
New Contributor II

Hello,

we would need to add to URL some parameter of enabled / disabled operation layers. Is it possible with this widget? Probably not. Is it possible with other widget?

For exmaple: http: //server/app/?center=-760117%2C-976480%2C102067&scale=5000&operation layer 1 = enabled % operation layer 2 = disabled

Thank you very much

Kamil

0 Kudos