Select to view content in your preferred language

WAB config changes ignored

Jump to solution
02-25-2016 01:42 PM
MikkelHylden
Occasional Contributor

I have a custom widget that includes a config.json file in the widget directory.  Changes I have made to the config file (and I have verified that the file is in the right directory) are not being loaded.  My query task fails because the layer index is wrong on the query task, and when I step through in F12 developer tools, it still shows the old layer index when I look at the config values, even though the file has been updated.

I've tried the following to no avail:

cleared browser cache

Shift+F5 to refresh my browser

tried a different browser

tried from a remote desktop on a computer that has never accessed this site

moved the contents of my website to a different directory

replaced the contents with a generic index.html (saw this change on the url)

changed the source directory to the new location, still shows values not in my config file.

so is there some other place that the config settings get cached that I'm missing? 

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mikkel,

When you create a WAB App and configure a specific widget and save those changes the config.json in that widgets folder is not the one that is used any more. You will find the json file that is being used in the apps configs\theWidgetName\config_theWidgetName.json.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Mikkel,

When you create a WAB App and configure a specific widget and save those changes the config.json in that widgets folder is not the one that is used any more. You will find the json file that is being used in the apps configs\theWidgetName\config_theWidgetName.json.

0 Kudos
MikkelHylden
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your reply Robert.

Unfortunately, that didn’t do the trick for me. I’ve never had a config file for this widget (called queryrelated) in the app’s configs/queryrelated directory – there has just been the icon image in there. I’ve been (up to this point) successfully able to change settings in my app’s widgets/queryrelated/config.json file.

I attempted to add a file in my configs/queryrelated called config_queryrelated.json to no avail.

Apparently I have built a custom widget that is not ‘standard’ but I’m really not sure why it’s stopped picking up changes or why it ever did. I also tried to change the config.json in the version that sits in my stemapp directory widgets folder and view in developer mode, also without success.

Mikkel

0 Kudos
MikkelHylden
Occasional Contributor

You got me on the right track Robert - somehow my app's main config still had the following in it, so the widget config that was getting loaded was in a CustomWidget directory that I had missed.  I'll update the app's config to look in the right place, but that was what was happening...

"name": "CustomWidgetTemplate",

"label": "Query by Related",

"uri": "widgets/queryrelated/Widget",

"config": "configs/CustomWidgetTemplate/config_Query by Related.json",

"icon": "configs\\queryrelated\\icon_Query by Related.png",

0 Kudos