What widget do you want most

08-05-2014 05:45 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I have been working on a few custom widgets for the Web App Builder, but I would like some input as to what widget/functionality people are wanting most.

The WAB has several great OTB widgets but what (realistic) widgets are missing and would be (in your opinion) great to have?

221 Replies
BrianLomas
Occasional Contributor III

I'm wanting a simple measure tool that will work on a phone. The default widget doesn't work very well on a phone.

BenAller
New Contributor III

I'd like to see an improved measure widget as well, with more options to configure measurement text font, line/area measurement symbology, and length/area units, etc.  We've been using  http://www.arcgis.com/home/item.html?id=36a80475e5d740279854398d3f7b6d01‌ for our flex apps which allows us to see measurements on the line segments that we draw rather than in the measurement tool dialog.  We use projected data so that's also a consideration in the development of measure widget.

0 Kudos
Asgharkhan
Occasional Contributor

i m agree with u

0 Kudos
GreggCornetski
New Contributor III

Filter widget/functionality like that already built into the AGO Javascript map viewer: where in the latter you go Content->click the drop down arrow next to the layer->context menu opens with Filter option->Filter dialog opens and enables end user to create|execute|edit their own query on a series of expressions.

The WAB Query widget looks similar to the AGO Filter tool, but former doesn't allow end user to build their own query (as far as I can tell). Moreover, the WAB Query widget at beta 2 is so buggy and unusable, I'm not able to make sense of it.

At WAB beta 2, seems ESRI could just take the AGO Filter tool and add it to WAB (and even replace most of the Query widget code with AGO Filter code).

0 Kudos
USFS_AGOLAdministrator
New Contributor III

A widget that allows us to display attributes from one-to-many related tables in a popup window. In addition to configuring the popup window with attributes from the layer in the webmap, this widget would allow the user to configure the popup window to display attributes from related tables. So you have a layer being displayed in your webmap that is related to several different tables. This widget would allow the user to configure which attributes from which related tables to display in the popup, along with the attributes from the original layer itself.

GreggCornetski
New Contributor III

It is odd the WAB popup doesn't even have the Show Related Records tool already built into the AGO Javascript Map Viewer.

0 Kudos
USFS_AGOLAdministrator
New Contributor III

I wasn't aware of a Show Related Records tool already built into the AGO Javascript map viewer. Which template is it a part of?

0 Kudos
GreggCornetski
New Contributor III

Show Related Records appears at the bottom of the popup window when you click a feature. On click Show Related Records the related records are displayed in a table.

NickHetrick
Occasional Contributor II

I would like to see a widget that allows users to save there layout in file maybe just a json file that can be loaded back into the map so they don't have to change the map location, layers, etc... This would helpful to if they could send a file to other users who can see the same view.

USFS_AGOLAdministrator
New Contributor III

The filter template in AGOL is about useless if you have a large number of filters. First enhancement to this template would be to allow a drop-down box to define the field name to filter on, so the user doesn't have to type it in. Second would be to add a check mark next to each filter. This check mark would then enable that filter, so you can test different scenarios in your data. Currently every filter must be evaluated in order for it to run, which is very cumbersome when you have a large number of filters to evaluate.