AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to create local Tile Package and its Tiling Scheme (offline)

Question asked by jjoalland13 on Feb 28, 2013
Latest reply on May 10, 2013 by lgreene2
I need to create customized Tile and Map Packages for our ArcGIS Runtime for Java Applications.
I'm using ArcGIS Desktop 10.1 SP1 and we are in disconnected/offline scenario, and I'm not administrator on my PC.

I am able to create Map Package file MPK with sample shapefiles data.

But I can't obtain any valid Tile Package, and don't understand why :
I have tried with raster data (geotiff) or only shapefiles, then Share Tile Package from menu or Create Map Tile Package Tool from toolbox, and when creation is executing, I doesn't have any error message, all treatments just ended by "succeeded" after few seconds only, and my TPK file always remain empty => like 200Ko ! if I open it in ArcGIS Desktop, there's only a GroupLayer but nothing for display.

As I need te create TPK, I have to create the Tiling Scheme XML file first : using "Generate Map server Cache Tiling Scheme" tool with my MXD.

I don't know if my issue is coming from the tiling scheme I created, from my coordinate system (I tried with GCS_WGS_1984, GCS_North_American_1983, World_Gall_Stereographic...), the fact I'm offline or without administrator privilege, the data format (only using shapefiles and/or geotiff) ...

attached file is my simple test with Canada sample data... prettry simple, but not working for TPK

thanks in advance for you help.

Attachments

Outcomes