RPC Fault faultString="Unable to complete operation." faultCode="400" ...

04-24-2013 08:31 AM
brahimmaylal
New Contributor
Hi;

I have a problem with the widget search; when I use a service published in arcgise server 10 it worked good but when I use the same widget with a sevice in arcgis server 10.1 it give me an error when i do a search by attribute; [RPC Fault faultString="Unable to complete operation." faultCode="400" faultDetail=""]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]23742[/ATTACH]

Someone can help me
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
brahim,

ArcGIS Server 10.1 is different in many ways from 10.0 and moving from a 10.0 map service to 10.1 forced you to recreate the map service so there are many things that could have changes that people like you don't realize. For example I just assisted some one the other day that said the same thing... "It is the same MXD published in 10.0 and 10.1 and the query fails" but what he did not catch was that he had a field name that has a special character in it in 10.0 and when me published in 10.1 it replaced that special character with an underscore. So... Check all your field names and that your map service has the ObjectId and Shape fields visible.
0 Kudos
lifeEsri
New Contributor III
thank you robert for your helps and to give us a time,  you are very strong
0 Kudos
brahimmaylal
New Contributor
Thank you Robert; It's a very interisting explication; 🙂 The probleme that i find is relative to type of field, When the field is numeric i should remove the quots and when it is String  i should put them 🙂

if (combofields.selectedItem.type.toString()=="esriFieldTypeString")
{
expr= queryExpr.replace(/\[value\]/g, "'"+txtSearch.text+"'");
}
else
{
expr= queryExpr.replace(/\[value\]/g, txtSearch.text);
}

Thank you for a lot Mr Robert 🙂
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
brahim,

OK, that has not changed from 10.0 to 10.1 though....

Don't forget to click the Mark as answer check on this post and to click the top arrow (promote).
Follow these steps as shown in the below graphic:

0 Kudos
eddiequinlan
Occasional Contributor
Hi All,

I'm having a similar issue after moving to 10.1.  However, my map services and attribute queries do work.  The problem is as follows:

user runs attribute query.... all is fine and returns the correct data.
user without changing anything, runs the same query........  server returns the fault error code.

user can click the ok button on the message; run the query again, and all is fine.  I can't find why the second running of the query is causing the error.

thanx,
Eddie
0 Kudos
eddiequinlan
Occasional Contributor
A follow up to my post below.........

I went to the rest services directory and submitted a query.  The query worked and returned the proper records.  However, again if i submit the same query it gives an error with no records.  Yet, if i submit the same query one more time, it works properly again.

any ideas out there????
eddie
0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus
Eddie,

Sounds like an esri tech support call as you now have been able to eliminate the flex api as the culprit.
0 Kudos
eddiequinlan
Occasional Contributor
Thanx Robert,

At least i feel more comfortable that I'm not missing some kind of services setting.  Thanx for the conformation.

Eddie
0 Kudos
OlegLukyanov
New Contributor III
I have the same error in Print widget with 10.1 print task service (PrintingTools) in Firefox 26 browser.
But Print widget work correct in last ArcGIS Flex Builder and Chrome.

Help me please.

Thanks

Oleg Lukyanov

Russia
0 Kudos