Enrich Layer error ID 110004 (usedata.SourceCountry)

07-13-2013 03:18 AM
JinhoKang1
New Contributor
So I downloaded Esri Maps for Office V2.1 X64 and tried out the enrich layer on Excel 2013.

I added excel data with address, and there were no problem.

I tried to enrich layer by selecting United States -> Age -> Men, age 25 - 29 -> (designated) "Age" Column, and pressed "add data to system".

And then I get this error "Error ID 110004. Invalid value (KR) for usedata.SourceCountry. Parameter:'usedata'."

I'm trying this out from Korea... and, are there Windows control panel settings I need to change to run this?
(KR) seems to referring to Korea... I'm guessing.

I tried different data collections, and I continue to get a same error message.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]25908[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MetotoHan
New Contributor
I think this enrich is not support for KOR, there is also no KOR country in its list. However, the judgement is not your OS but your account. You can change your account region in ArcGIS Online to one of the supported country like USA, and then try it again.

Hope this can help u.
0 Kudos
JinhoKang1
New Contributor
I think this enrich is not support for KOR, there is also no KOR country in its list. However, the judgement is not your OS but your account. You can change your account region in ArcGIS Online to one of the supported country like USA, and then try it again.

Hope this can help u.

I was testing point locations in United States, therefore I selected United States from the enrich layer list.

I also setup the 30-day trial version to test out this, and when I registered, I setup the region to "World";
I logged into the account to see if I can change the region, but seems it is impossible to change the region after the initial setup.

Guess I'll have to test with new trial account and setup the region as US and see what happens.

My organization account is Esri Korea, therefore our admin setup the region as Korea.
I tried with this account, and it also didn't work, yet spent credits doing so.
0 Kudos
JinhoKang1
New Contributor
Metoto, you were right.
It had to do with AGOL account's region setup.

I created trial account with United States as a region, and enrich layer worked flawlessly.

I live in Korea, but I do many demonstrations and personal use on U.S. territory...
Therefore I might have to suggest a 2nd instance with different regional area within our AGOL account if they ever want to use U.S. enrich layers. 

Thanks for your suggestions.

Jinho Kang.
Esri Korea Technical Marketing Manager
0 Kudos
MetotoHan
New Contributor
Metoto, you were right.
It had to do with AGOL account's region setup.

I created trial account with United States as a region, and enrich layer worked flawlessly.

I live in Korea, but I do many demonstrations and personal use on U.S. territory...
Therefore I might have to suggest a 2nd instance with different regional area within our AGOL account if they ever want to use U.S. enrich layers. 

Thanks for your suggestions.

Jinho Kang.
Esri Korea Technical Marketing Manager

Yes, if you want to use U.S. or other supported region enrich layer, then the AGOL account region is needed to be there. However, I don't think the error message make sense for user since it is something about code params content, so the best way for user is the enrich button should be grey if the account region is not in the supported region list.
0 Kudos
JinhoKang1
New Contributor
Yes, if you want to use U.S. or other supported region enrich layer, then the AGOL account region is needed to be there. However, I don't think the error message make sense for user since it is something about code params content, so the best way for user is the enrich button should be grey if the account region is not in the supported region list.

I will escalate the region and its enrich layer's code parameter issue to AGOL team.
I don't see why other global region users cannot use enrich layer tool on outside of their designated region.
At least having an option to change the region would be nice.

Thanks for your help.
0 Kudos