I can´t connect Esri Maps for office with a Portal

09-03-2013 12:00 PM
Manuel_AlexanderRamirez_Viatel
New Contributor
Hello,

I'm trying to connect Esri Maps for office Ver 2.1 with my Portal, but doesn´t works.

Attach Esri Maps for Office settings  and error when trying to connect emerging.

Thanks.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]27175[/ATTACH]
0 Kudos
3 Replies
KimPeter
Esri Contributor
Hi Manuel,

Did you try it without the "hom" portion of your URL?  I think you just need the <fully qualified server name>/<web adaptor name> in the URL.
0 Kudos
Manuel_AlexanderRamirez_Viatel
New Contributor
Hi Manuel,

Did you try it without the "hom" portion of your URL?  I think you just need the <fully qualified server name>/<web adaptor name> in the URL.

Hi Kimberly, thanks for your answer. I tried in this way but I get a message: No HTTP answer. Particularly, this URL is HTTPS, with Active Directory users. The url is something like this: "https://servername.domain.local/arcgis/home/". Esri Maps For Office version is 2.1 x86, and Portal is 10.2. Anything else I can try?

Thanks again for your help,

Manuel.
0 Kudos
PatrickStanton
New Contributor
I found this by typing 'enable portal for use with esri office'

�?�Inability to sign-in to the portal from Esri Maps for Office unless the self-signed certificate is installed into the Trusted Root Certification Authorities certificate store on the machine running Esri Maps for Office.

It doens't have to be a self signed cert, I believe installing any valid cert will work

http://resources.arcgis.com/en/help/main/10.2/index.html#//017s0000005w000000

Thanks for the post, it actually prompted me to solve my own problem!  🙂

______________________________________________________________________________________
edit Sept 24, 2013 ~3:04pm

ok...  Certs all correct and trusted...  still having same problem.  I can see the HTTPS connection establish and stay maintained between the server and the host running Excel.  But still claims there is no portal at that URL (the root or otherwise).
0 Kudos