Can not install maps for office

01-24-2014 10:23 AM
DustinHolt
Occasional Contributor
I'm trying to install maps for office on my laptop. During the install the system check window pops up and I get a X next to the "supporting files installed". It tells me to check that office 2010 or later is installed, which it is. And then to select the install prerequisites button to installed the required office features, which I do. I get nothing, it just goes back to the system check window and the same instructions. Can anyone help me?
16 Replies
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
I'm trying to install maps for office on my laptop. During the install the system check window pops up and I get a X next to the "supporting files installed". It tells me to check that office 2010 or later is installed, which it is. And then to select the install prerequisites button to installed the required office features, which I do. I get nothing, it just goes back to the system check window and the same instructions. Can anyone help me?

Dustin,

Do you have local admin permissions?  I have seen this error before and believe it is permissions related so I would verify this.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
DustinHolt
Occasional Contributor
I have administrative rights on my laptop. I had IT look it over and apparently my Microsoft Office Suite was missing something. He reinstalled it and it's working now. Thanks Jason.
0 Kudos
Jason_RobinsonRobinson
Esri Regular Contributor
Dustin,

Glad to hear.  By any chance you catch what MS Office Suite was missing?  Potentially a good enhancement request for that installer screen providing better information as to what is missing.

Regards,
Jason R.
0 Kudos
LeoLadefian1
New Contributor
I'm having the same issue, any word on what was missing?
0 Kudos
DustinHolt
Occasional Contributor
I never found out what the problem was. I tried again later and it worked. Sorry wish I could help.
0 Kudos
TomClements
New Contributor

I have this same issue.  Would really like to know what Supporting Files are missing!

0 Kudos
LeoLadefian1
New Contributor

We got it sorted out, it seemed to be some sort of visual basic install we had to do.  I'll get the specifics.

0 Kudos
DavidKlein1
New Contributor II

Anyone ever figure out exactly which files were missing?  I'm now struggling with this same problem...

I'm a local admin.  My excel and powerpoint are complete installs.  What's missing???

0 Kudos
DavidKlein1
New Contributor II

Figured it out!  I was missing:

Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (x64)

Available for download here:

Download Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime from Official Microsoft Download Center