DEM Reconditioning error (Arc Hydro 10.2)

03-22-2014 10:34 AM
Labels (1)
Houssemdagi
New Contributor
I am facing a problem using the arc hydro tools 10.2 fonctionnality "DEM Reconditioning" and you can check the error message in the image attached and i have no idea what i should do, so would please land me a hand.

Houssem Daagi

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32416[/ATTACH]
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
14 Replies
NidhinKarthikeyan
Occasional Contributor III
Specifying a geodatabase layer as the output instead of a shapefile will fix the error. Also make sure you have all the necessary default fields in the feature class.
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
I'm linking to this good advice in the "Arc Hydro Problem Solvers" thread. Thanks!
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
Ah.  "Arc Hydro Problem Solvers" thread. That's a good idea. It will be helpful for the users. Great effort!
0 Kudos
Houssemdagi
New Contributor
i would like to thank you mr nidhinkn for responding and i need to say that this tool do not let me specify the target file or its extension 😕
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
The target locations are set via the Arc Hydro toolbar. After choosing "Set Target Locations" choose "hydroconfig". This should give you the default locations for the Arc Hydro geoprocessing.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32532[/ATTACH]

I rarely set this manually. I use the "Reset Target Locations" tool shown in the pic below. If your mxd is saved in a different plance than when you started the Arc Hydro project, resetting the target locations is required so Arc Hydro knows where to get and put the data.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]32533[/ATTACH]

Also, doing processing over a network can result in errors like this. Check out the Arc Hydro Problem Solvers via the link below my signature for other solutions to Arc Hydro problems.

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
MatthewVaughan
New Contributor
I am getting a very similar runtime error with any tool that I try to use. I reset the target locations to the defaults as recommended, but still have the error.

Could someone please elaborate on this advice from nidhidkn:
<<Specifying a geodatabase layer as the output instead of a shapefile will fix the error. Also make sure you have all the necessary default fields in the feature class.>>

I'm confused because when I tried to point the raster outputs to a file geodatabase, it wouldn't let me since rasters have to be in data folders, and cannot be stored in geodatabases.
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
In my Arc Hydro experience, the rasters used in Arc Hydro go to a folder with the same name as the Data Frame. The vector data goes in a dataset with the Data Frame name inside a geodatabase with the mxd name. The rasters do not go to a geodatabase.
0 Kudos
EpicEngineering
New Contributor II
I am also having a very similar error, where even if I try to reset my target locations it is still having a fit.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]33489[/ATTACH]

I have installed the latest version that was just published 2 days ago and I get even more errors now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0 Kudos
MarkBoucher
When I see "Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component" I immediately consider working on the project with the Arc Hydro data on my local drive and not on the network. For me this has fixed many otherwise unexplained errors and has sped up the processing significantly. I've posted this and other solutions in the link below my signature.
0 Kudos