Boundary jumps down to a radial point

06-27-2014 12:18 PM
Labels (1)
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I have been entering subdivisions into an SDE parcel fabric.  After working in another area, I noticed that one of the subdivisions had a strange pie shaped piece removed from it.  When I looked closer, it appeared as though the subdivision boundary somehow became joined with a radial point.  See image (recreated the anomaly with graphics after I fixed the problem):

I called tech support and we narrowed it down to the subdivision boundary somehow becoming corrupted, the solution was to unjoin the subdivision boundary, delete that segment of the subdivision boundary, recreate it making sure all of the from and to points are maintained, then rejoin the subdivision. 

I asked why it happened, and the tech said it was an inadvertent editor error.  I don't think it was, we have left that subdivision alone after creating it.

Has anyone else experienced this type of anomaly?  I don't know that I can trust the parcel fabric if I have to check every parcel to make sure it looks the way it should after every join or reconcile and post.

Any ideas what might have caused this?

Thanks,

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JeffWard
Occasional Contributor III

It has happened again.  Breaking up a large subdivision into lots, hit "Build and Keep All Current" and my northern sub boundary jumped down to a lot corner. Unjoined subdivision and rejoined it without doing anything to the subdivision boundary lines and it was back where it was supposed to be.

Jeff Ward
Summit County, Utah
0 Kudos
PamelaBerry
New Contributor III

I had that happen yesterday.  Not sure what is causing it... 

0 Kudos
EdgarNavarrette
New Contributor III

We have experienced this after constructing from parent. In some, I see that the line category gets changed or the line that goes away is set to hide. (Select parcel with Select Parcel Features Tool right click Open> Parcel Details) I change it back to boundary or road frontage and  set the hide to false. Fixes the polygon.  I don't know why it happens, that's just the work around I have discovered. I figure unjoining and rejoining resets the category and hide fields.